Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Guest of Honor" experience and issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D

I have used the "my Guest of Honor" for friends right after it was bookable (beginning of March 2015) and the HGP line in China knew what I was talking about. received the confirmation e-mail (with extra note "CHANGE" and the person's name I gifted the stay to was mentioned. They stayed at a GH in China and all Diamond benefits were given/honored. GREAT.

Problem/issue:

Recently made another "guest of Honor" reservation in my wife's name. She is HGP Platinum. For the same night made a point and cash reservation for myself as we were traveling with all our kids. So we had a total of 2 rooms.
My points and cash shows up in my Hyatt account. My wife's does not!
So I cancel my stay and COMPLETELY forget that I had a guest of Honor reservation in her name. (my fault)

My credit card got charged over 200$ for this "no show". (it had cost me 8000 HGP points originally)

As you know the guest of Honor is a benefit that was introduced in Feb. 2015. I am still learning to work with it.

The problem with the guest of Honor is,

1.) that it can not be canceled online

2.) It does not show up in my Hyatt GP account under future reservations, nor in my wife's as at time of booking I am only ask for her name and credit card detail. (not e-mail address or HGP #)

3.) neither the one that books (me) nor the "guest of Honor" received a Reservation Reminder e-mail.

I have contacted the hotel now (where I have stayed several times before) and ask for a refund. I see how this goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.