Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by FLe1977
Same here... no e-mail or nothing. About 60-70 nights per year. As an international member, I feel a little neglected...
I got the invite, Mostly Hyatts in Asia, for me. I have lived in Japan for a while.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
No, that's not it - my ADR is under $119 for about half of my nights, and between $179-$279 for the other half. I don't think I've ever had a $10k year with Hyatt.
I have a feeling that it's probably a combination of several factors. Spend may or may not be one of them, but it could also include complex bookings, feedback survey completions, past participations in Hyatt events, etc. Then again, until Hyatt chimes in here, who knows? It could be completely random.

Originally Posted by tom911
I can think of seven requests in the last month that required me to call or fill out a web form. Any of those could have been handled by a concierge.

Two were suite upgrades in Hong Kong on separate dates, one a points and cash booking in the U.S., another a failed points and cash booking in the U.S., a promotional award booking in the U.S., and two requests to post Diamond amenity points when they failed to post on their own at two properties. Maybe I was selected because I do generate activity that can't be handled without an agent intervening/researching.
I agree -- there were a few times I could've used it. Once was when I was stranded in KWA (ended up SMSing/emailing my brother all my information including my diamond info, hoped that he actually got it and was near a phone so he can make calls and cancel reservations). Another time was a complex booking that took 20 minutes over the phone. It would've been nice to just shoot an detailed email and be done with it.

Other times, for things like simple layover bookings, I prefer to research and book on my own provided that I have the proper tools. Regardless, i'm excited to see what they are envisioning for this program.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I received it, on average close to 100 nights a year or more. I even received a phone call Tuesday to confirm my contact information. I missed the call but they followed up with an email,
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:27 pm

I realize this probably isn't the norm and I should have just hung up and called again, but it took 34 minutes for a customer service agent to add the missing diamond amenity points and points for the club being closed for two stays and to also change one stay from accruing points to miles. They didn't even seem familiar with the correct number of points to add for the club being closed. If I was assigned someone this inefficient as My Concierge this would be a complete waste of my time. My call outlined above shouldn't take more than two minutes - much more than that and the value of my time spent chasing points is more than value of the missing points.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I realize this probably isn't the norm and I should have just hung up and called again, but it took 34 minutes for a customer service agent to add the missing diamond amenity points and points for the club being closed for two stays and to also change one stay from accruing points to miles. They didn't even seem familiar with the correct number of points to add for the club being closed. If I was assigned someone this inefficient as My Concierge this would be a complete waste of my time. My call outlined above shouldn't take more than two minutes - much more than that and the value of my time spent chasing points is more than value of the missing points.
Why didn't you just e-mail them. With a few exceptions they always manage to rectify any problem with missing points.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly... E-mail is perfect for points corrections.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Why didn't you just e-mail them. With a few exceptions they always manage to rectify any problem with missing points.
I had a cash and points reservation I was hoping to make and thought I would tack the points correction on at the start of the call. With it taking so long to correct the points, I didn't even bother with making the C&P reservation in the end.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Exactly... E-mail is perfect for points corrections.
email or even a PM from here, if you don't mind associating your name here with your GP account.

Somebody seems to respond 24/7 for the most part. Only one time I had to resend a request with "Anybody home?" and it got a very quick reply.

I guess the My Hyatt concierge thing will be a more personalized version of this, somebody we can contact directly.

The email/PM thing works great for pretty much anything I need.

The existing service that anybody can use is another way that Hyatt and Gold Passport distinguish themselves from all the other chains.

-David
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I received a welcome email from my concierge yesterday. I am not dure hoe often I would use her services, but I like the personal attention. Has anyone rlse been contacted by their actual person yet?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
I have had contact with my Hyatt Concierge, she seems very understanding of HGP program and diamond benefits. She was able to call a hotel direct to clear up a suite upgrade issue in a matter of minutes.
Very pleased with this added benefit.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; Delta Platinum; Priority Club Platinum.
still waiting to be contacted!! I'm sure its a long process for them.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
As of now not received - last year stayed 250+ nights this year 70+ so far. I am always amazed at how Hyatt doesn't really seem to care about their loyal customers. It's such the opposite of how Kimpton treats their loyal customers.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Did any international Hyatt Diamond member get this Email or is this purely focused on US/North America registered addresses?
Not for me either. (Decades a diamond, on target for another year this year)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm diamond with a private line rep and haven't gotten it - yet.
Originally Posted by peteropny
Neither have I.
I'm in the same situation. However, my Diamond Private Line agent is wonderful so I'd rather keep her than be assigned to someone else.

BTW where are the new My Hyatt Concierges located? Hyatt reassigned a bunch of private line agents in Omaha or wherever back to normal elite HGP reservations duties not long ago. Others were changed to doing private line agent work for only a fraction of their time.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ldsant
As of now not received - last year stayed 250+ nights this year 70+ so far. I am always amazed at how Hyatt doesn't really seem to care about their loyal customers. It's such the opposite of how Kimpton treats their loyal customers.
Sometimes I feel similarly to you about the Hyatt program. Do you mind me asking across how many Hyatt properties your 250 nights was spent last year?

I'm curious to know as I wonder whether Hyatt corporate expects individual hotels to look after loyal guests directly rather than doing so via published program benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.