Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Question on Diamond trial and requalification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Hi all, am currently on diamond trial and plan on completing my 12 nights no problem. Since I am so enamored with Hyatt I want to requal for the rest of 2015. To do so would I need to do another 25 stays this year on top of my stays that were part of my trial or would I just need to do the difference?

Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
You would only need to do the difference - the trial nights count towards your annual qualification.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by md25
You would only need to do the difference - the trial nights count towards your annual qualification.

The total requirement remains 25 stays or 50 nights in 2014. These numbers will include those you did to complete challenge (as well as any before challenge).
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

One more question, would the hyatt credit card stays stack as well?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
One more question, would the hyatt credit card stays stack as well?
Yes, assuming you meet the required $20,000 spend
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by md25
Yes, assuming you meet the required $20,000 spend
Think of it as qualifying the regular way in 2014 with the benefits of having Diamond status early from the start of your challenge period until you qualify the regular way, that's the benefit of your challenge.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
In addition, you don't just get the Suite upgrade once but twice.
Once when you are granted the trial your account will be credited immediately with 4 Suite Upgrades valid until the end of your trial period.

I have now used these 4 Suite Upgrades and to my surprise, upon completing the challenge, I got an extension of my Diamond Membership to Feb next year and 4 additional Suite Upgrades with the same expiry date.

So not only do you get a taste of Diamond, you get a one off 4 additional suite upgrade compare to qualifying the hard way.

The fact that these are confirmed at the time of booking makes a big difference to me. That's a perk I really value so I have shifted some of my many nights from SPG to Hyatt and enjoying the program so far. Good luck with your diamond journey.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:56 pm

if you do the trial and don't qualify, do the suite nights go away? I'm probably going to hit 12 nights, but you never know...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by leftpinky
if you do the trial and don't qualify, do the suite nights go away? I'm probably going to hit 12 nights, but you never know...
If you have already confirmed your suite upgrades prior to the expiry of your diamond trial, the upgraded rooms remain upgraded. However, if you do not use your Suite Upgrade, they will expire at the end of your Diamond Trial.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by JohnSIN
If you have already confirmed your suite upgrades prior to the expiry of your diamond trial, the upgraded rooms remain upgraded. However, if you do not use your Suite Upgrade, they will expire at the end of your Diamond Trial.
thanks John
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:09 pm

No personal experience, but I have heard the contrary reported on this forum.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

In addition, you don't just get the Suite upgrade once but twice.
Once when you are granted the trial your account will be credited immediately with 4 Suite Upgrades valid until the end of your trial period.

I have now used these 4 Suite Upgrades and to my surprise, upon completing the challenge, I got an extension of my Diamond Membership to Feb next year and 4 additional Suite Upgrades with the same expiry date.

So not only do you get a taste of Diamond, you get a one off 4 additional suite upgrade compare to qualifying the hard way.

The fact that these are confirmed at the time of booking makes a big difference to me. That's a perk I really value so I have shifted some of my many nights from SPG to Hyatt and enjoying the program so far. Good luck with your diamond journey.
I don't think this is right is it? Are u saying I should expect another 4 dsus? I started my trial on 2/26, I got 4 dsus that expired on 2/28. Then I got another 4 on 3/1 which will expire next year. Are you saying I will get another set of four? For a total of 12? Would love that to be the case but can't imagine it is.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:51 am

They don't go away if you don't complete the challenge - much to the chagrin of many here.

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I don't think this is right is it? Are u saying I should expect another 4 dsus? I started my trial on 2/26, I got 4 dsus that expired on 2/28. Then I got another 4 on 3/1 which will expire next year. Are you saying I will get another set of four? For a total of 12? Would love that to be the case but can't imagine it is.
No you don't get a 3rd set, you only got the 2nd set due to the date circumstance of your challenge.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:09 am

If I meet the 12 nights diamond challenge within 60 days, do I have until 28 Feb (or is it end of current calendar year 31 Dec?) to achieve my 50 nights to requalify diamond from 1 March?

If I don't achieve 50 nights, what will my status drop to come 1 March? Is it ground zero gold or is there soft landing to platinum?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Qualification is always 01/01-12/31..... And no soft landing, but Plat is only 5 stays / 15 nights so if you have completed the challenge you should be there (or almost there).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.