Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,SPG PLat, hilton
Thumbs up Hotel in Hawaii

What is the best Hyatt to stay on points in Hawaii? Also would you recomended using a suite upgrade
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:54 pm

The Andaz Maui resort is the newest, and arguably best Hyatt hotel in Hawaii. I'd use a suite upgrade for it, especially if staying with family
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:43 am

The other option is Grand Hyatt Kauai. It's hard to go wrong with either one, but it might depend on the type of atmosphere you are looking for. Just pull up the master review thread for each one and read a few pages of reviews. Neither of these are on Oahu though, so they might not work for you. I don't think Hyatt has any properties on the Big Island.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
The Andaz Maui resort is the newest, and arguably best Hyatt hotel in Hawaii. I'd use a suite upgrade for it, especially if staying with family
+1
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Be careful on the Andaz Maui for suite upgrades especially if a view is important to you. If it is, request one on a high floor.

GH Kauai has some great suites also, with fabulous views and if you can get one on the grass level near the club you will be very happy.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,SPG PLat, hilton
Thanks all for the information
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:58 pm

The is one Hyatt Regency in Honolulu, Waikiki beach , across the street from Westin. I stayed there once and found the restaurant, Japengo, on the 2nd floor is so good.

The hotel is just above average though.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I'll cast my vote for the Grand Hyatt Kauai. Want something new, then try the Andaz, but the GHK is rated higher in my books..
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Resort Fees

Looking purely at the rates on the comparison page for HR Waikiki and HP Waikiki for the same week, HR appears to be $39 cheaper for a standard room.

Once you click on each property, you see the following note for HR...
Beginning January 2, 2015, the daily $25 + tax resort fee will be $30.00 + tax per night for all new reservations made. The fee will be added to your daily rate and includes: 2 bottles of water, internet access, complimentary photo keepsake, in-room safe, complimentary local, 1-800 and International calls (up to 60 minutes) per stay, local newspaper (Monday-Friday) pick-up at the front desk, complimentary incoming faxes, Health Club access, resort cultural activities and access to beach amenities.
So HR is only $9 cheaper than HP. It's amusing that the resort fee is $5 more in 2015 as it no longer includes internet access since it's free.

For a less hectic environment, would HP be a better choice? I don't plan to spent much time on the property as I plan to explore the island in a rental.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by dingalpha
The is one Hyatt Regency in Honolulu, Waikiki beach , across the street from Westin. I stayed there once and found the restaurant, Japengo, on the 2nd floor is so good.

The hotel is just above average though.
Fyi there is a decent club lounge in the Waikiki property which is worth using, when I stayed it had an outdoor bit. The andaz doesnt have a club lounge and the basic rooms are small so use your suite upgrade certificates here!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I'll cast my vote for the Grand Hyatt Kauai. Want something new, then try the Andaz, but the GHK is rated higher in my books..
I prefer the location of the Wailea property, you are a short walk along the waterfront from the gorgeous Four Seasons so can pop up there for a drink and a meal in Wolfgang pucks! I just love the waterfront walk along the length of Wailea between all the hotels and Wailea is a sophisticated resort.

The Grand Hyatt Kauai is a bit isolated in comparison and by choice I prefer hanalei are of kauai which is like jurassic park!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: United-1K, Million Miler; SPG-Titanium and Lifetime Platinum; Globalist
Andaz Maui is an awesome location, newest property, and the most swanky. GH Kauai is also great, but more dated, more of a conference hotel (still beautiful and Hawaiian feeling, just lots of groups) and there is less around the hotel in terms of restaurants, etc.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Loved the property of Andaz Maui; loved the people at Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Visited Hyatt Regency Maui, and it looked very nice as well. Hyatt Place Waikiki looked perfectly acceptable. Never saw Grand Hyatt Kauai.

If I had to choose one place in Hawaii to stay, I would go with HR Waikiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.