Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart Update Effective January 7, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
With Hyatt Place New York Midtown moving from Cat 4 - Cat 5 there will be no Manhattan hotels to use free night awards. Since I am planning on that for this summer I need to make reservations before Jan 7.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by whumpf
With Hyatt Place New York Midtown moving from Cat 4 - Cat 5 there will be no Manhattan hotels to use free night awards. Since I am planning on that for this summer I need to make reservations before Jan 7.
+1 and I really think this will cause a lot of us to reevaluate the credit card benefit moving forward...especially those of us living on the East Coast that like to make a trip or two to NYC yearly. All of the chains have upped redemptions in NYC but at least Starwood still has several Cat. 5 options left in the city (knock wood and hold breath!!)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:59 am

Good thing I redeemed my GP for 4nts at the PH Sydney. Get in while you can. The 32k pts I'll be saving is good enough for an extra nt.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:02 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
Is that really correct? Looking at the Andaz West Hollywood for Valentine's Day. Its available with cash but not with points...
Hello!

Looking at the hotel inventory for February 14th, the standard rooms are not available at the Hyatt daily rate at the Andaz West Hollywood. If you would like, feel free to PM me, and I can check award availability at other area Hyatt properties.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sftravelninja
If i cancel my Hyatt card when my AF is up next month, can i still use the free anniversary night or does that have to be used before i cancel?
Hello,

The anniversary night is still available for you to use until it expires, even if you have previously cancelled the Hyatt Card.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:05 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by banzani
Is there still a 3 nights minimum for suite redemptions?
I asked Jeff and his team that question and was told yes, that requirement remains the same.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by banzani
Is there still a 3 nights minimum for suite redemptions?
Hello,

There is a three night requirement for the suite redemptions.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
woohoo!!! devaluation!!!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
There is a three night requirement for the suite redemptions.
Offcourse... Why include anything positive....
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Understandable in a way for putting some PH in the new Cat.7 but still.... ouch!

Yeah PH Maldives smells fishy... I wonder if it has another surprise under preparation.

Better book it now for next year before it....

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
with the yen being so devalued, using points at PHT would be a waste. My question is, where is PH Maldives... why no category change? Are they going to leave it at 6, or take it out of points altogether?
Hello,

The Park Hyatt Maldives is still a category 6. Each hotel is reviewed on an individual basis with factors such as location, member demand, etc.

Please feel free to PM if you would like us to check award inventory.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sad news! This is bound to happen as Hyatt has been making boatloads of money by selling points. Inflation happens when you print too much "money".
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Wow I just applied for the Hyatt Visa this weekend. Not having cat 4 option (i.e., free annual night) in Manhattan really takes away value from this card for me. Any chance new cardholders will get some kind of compensation for this change?

First United now this. UR really taking a hit.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by TerryK
Sad news! This is bound to happen as Hyatt has been making boatloads of money by selling points. Inflation happens when you print too much "money".
Yes, and this puts non-US GP members even further at a disadvantage, of course, since we have a lot fewer earning options compared to US members (no cheap hotels, no credit card, much fewer hotels).
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by AirD0c
Wow I just applied for the Hyatt Visa this weekend. Not having cat 4 option (i.e., free annual night) in Manhattan really takes away value from this card for me. Any chance new cardholders will get some kind of compensation for this change?

First United now this. UR really taking a hit.
Hello,

Your first two nights are valid for any Hyatt property. The closest full-service Hyatt Hotel where Anniversary reward nights can be redeemed at is the Hyatt Regency Jersey City.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The closest full-service Hyatt Hotel where Anniversary reward nights can be redeemed at is the Hyatt Regency Jersey City.

Safe travels,

Nick B.
Count me in....Jersey City vs New York City...not exactly a fair trade off and that is why the cards annual free night will be much less valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.