Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

does Hyatt discount 2nd room for kids?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:57 am
Original Poster

I know some other hotels offer a discount for booking a 2ND room, usually a connecting room. Does Hyatt offer anything like this?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:00 am

It's called Hyatt Family Plan

I don't know if all properties offer this. You'll have to call reservations to book. The second room is usually 50% off the hyatt daily rate (or rack rate).

Just curious, does starwood offer this?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:07 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I know some other hotels offer a discount for booking a 2ND room, usually a connecting room. Does Hyatt offer anything like this?
Here is a link to some very basic info. It varies by property and by certain days of the week, etc. Worth asking though!

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/family/
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Here is a link to some very basic info. It varies by property and by certain days of the week, etc. Worth asking though!

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/family/
So do I make my online reservation and then call in to try get the 2nd discounted room? Do they require the second room to be a connecting room?

Well it help to get the 2ND room discounted if I'm a PLT GO?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It started as 50% off but over the last year or two quietly deteriorated into property choice (IIRC Tahoe discount was less than that). It is 50% off daily rate BTW. We used it a couple times - you have to call. There is no requirement for it to be a connecting room afaik so you'll need to check with property to confirm.
SPG does not offer anything like this.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info I was able to get the discount at the park Hyatt goa resort and spa
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I assume that the cost of the second room is on the primary bill, so you do earn points on that, right?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
I assume that the cost of the second room is on the primary bill, so you do earn points on that, right?
Yes, the second room will be on the primary bill. Points for the rate of both rooms and for all eligible incidentals will be credited to your account.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Yes, the second room will be on the primary bill. Points for the rate of both rooms and for all eligible incidentals will be credited to your account.
But you still earn just one stay credit and nights on the one room, right?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:30 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I see no valid reason for such a discount. Why not give me a discount for booking a second room for friends or family? Seems like a strange discount.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But you still earn just one stay credit and nights on the one room, right?
Yes, as with all multi-room bookings you only will get stay/night credit for the primary room.

Originally Posted by antonius66
I see no valid reason for such a discount. Why not give me a discount for booking a second room for friends or family? Seems like a strange discount.
It is probably a good price discrimination strategy. Families requiring two rooms might otherwise choose to stay elsewhere if only published rates were available. Even if the second room is discounted by fifty percent, the hotel would still net 75% of the daily rate per room, which is not bad.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jan 21, 2013 at 3:21 am
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To use the 50% off of rack rate for the second room, is it required that the first room be booked at rack rate? The "75% of rack is pretty good" statement seems to imply this.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:27 am

To use the 50% off of rack rate for the second room, is it required that the first room be booked at rack rate? The "75% of rack is pretty good" statement seems to imply this.
This is my understanding. IIRC the primary room is charged at the daily rate.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to my recollection. We booked aaa rate but kids room was 50 off rack. But as I mentioned the program quietly changed recently so I am not sure if this is still the case.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Because it gives me an incentive to book a second room for kids instead if jamming all of us in one room. Four adults in one room (even very good friends) is usually not a sane consideration so people book two rooms anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.