Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatt in the US?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by oc2005
My personal vote would be Park Hyatt Chicago - I'd argue it's the closest thing to an international Park Hyatt we have in the continental US.
US standard - international standard? Even at Park Hyatts? I was hoping at least HYATT has everywhere the same quality standard, as I understood other chains do not have.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by submonte
US standard - international standard? Even at Park Hyatts? I was hoping at least HYATT has everywhere the same quality standard, as I understood other chains do not have.
Unfortunately the prices in most US markets can't justify the cost it would take to offer a true 5 star product. That's why there are so few Park Hyatts in the US now, and why the Park Hyatts in the US aren't quite up to international standards - rates just don't justify the cost. While Park Hyatt LA and Park Hyatt SF were two of my favorite hotels in the US, I could regularly get rates in the sub-$200 range (which could explain why they are no longer Park Hyatts!)
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by oc2005
Unfortunately the prices in most US markets can't justify the cost it would take to offer a true 5 star product. That's why there are so few Park Hyatts in the US now, and why the Park Hyatts in the US aren't quite up to international standards - rates just don't justify the cost. While Park Hyatt LA and Park Hyatt SF were two of my favorite hotels in the US, I could regularly get rates in the sub-$200 range (which could explain why they are no longer Park Hyatts!)
The owners would not allow the close proximity of the Hyatt Century City Plaza to the former Park Hyatt LA. The U.S. can no longer offer luxury service as staff is often demotivated and unprofessional. In many cases, management is simply incompetent. As they are not familiar with the global hospitality trends and standard, they rather focus on credit cards. There is a huge opportunity in the U.S. to bring back some common sense in the luxury hospitality sector: offer good service and quality products, not lip service and words ŕ la Andaz.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
When Christophe David was in control of Nomi, the restaurant was fairly good. It is no longer the case with a very unprofessional staff, hardly the level of PH Dubai or PH Hamburg. Best Hyatt in the U.S. was Grand Hyatt Wailea on Maui and Hyatt Lake Las Vegas for the mainland.
How long has it been since there was a Grand Hyatt Wailea?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
HR Gainey Ranch

Not sure it competes with the Grands and Parks (haven't been to too many of those in CONUS), but I'd say it has to be one of the best HR's!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt, Silver MR and HH, SW A List
Best Hyatt in the US?

Loved the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach and the Grand Hyatt Resort in Kauai. City hotels have much less appeal to me than a great hotel that isn't just by the beach but uses the beach to create something more. From the spa, to the pools and tide pool, to the great views of nature and the beach of Kauai it's better than a view of the airport or a city to me. Clearwater Beach had gorgeous views of the beach and a great restaurant and pool. That would be my second choice for Hyatt stays.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:10 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The comment on the #1 Hyatt based on the customer satisfaction surveys is quite interesting, but I don't think it accurately reflects the actual situation (although I've been happy with the GH DFW).

For example, I never fill out surveys. The digital age means that I get way, way too many of these surveys to bother with, and I believe lots of other folks feel the same way.

If things are either especially bad or especially good at a hotel, I do my best to relay my feelings to the GM, unless the GM prefers to be inaccessible to guests (think Andaz WS, among others). Also, sites such as FT provide a more accurate view.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
For example, I never fill out surveys. The digital age means that I get way, way too many of these surveys to bother with, and I believe lots of other folks feel the same way.
I wonder when companies are going to realize that these online surveys are less than useful. It might be a cheap way to do a survey but the answers most likely are not reflecting your average customer....
I only fill them out when I'm really very positive or negative, and even then not very often.... It's exceptional to get any response.

And at least offer me something for my time.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:40 am

What about Grand Hyatt New York. It has been renovated recently for 130 Mill. $. I watched the video clip on hyatt.com and liked it. Shouldn´t this one be on top now as well?
definitely not. Not even close.

The PH NYC, when it opens, will be a candidate, I'm sure. We'll have to see.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 16, 2012 at 4:45 am
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Jeeves
How long has it been since there was a Grand Hyatt Wailea?
What brand is it now?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:12 am

What brand is it now?
The Grand Wailea - currently Waldorf-Astoria Collection (HHonors/Hilton) managed.

Hyatt will be back in Wailea next spring:

The new Andaz Maui in Wailea is currently listed as opening Spring 2013 - http://maui.andaz.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...ndaz/index.jsp

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 16, 2012 at 7:31 am
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:12 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What about Grand Hyatt New York. It has been renovated recently for 130 Mill. $. I watched the video clip on hyatt.com and liked it. Shouldn´t this one be on top now as well?
Ummm, no. The GH NY is souless, and any property that doesn't have a mini bar, makes everything self service, or stops room service at 11PM cannot be considered exceptional service. You cannot judge a hotel by a video.

I say the PH DC. The service is exceptional. Small example:

We took the Amtrak from NYC, caught a cab from the train station to the hotel. Cab driver tried to charge extra for our luggage, even though my partner and I placed them in the boot as he didn't get out of the vehicle. Doorman at the PH DC overhears, says "Mr M0hamed, I will take care of this. My colleagues are waiting for you to check in."

By the time we arrive at the check in desk they know who I am and apologise for the cold welcome to DC. Within moments of arriving in the room the doorman delivers White wine (based on my preferences at the PH MEL) and some home made Apple pie and ice cream with a handwritten card saying that they wanted to ensure we had a warm welcome to DC.

We never had to pay for the cab in the end. The cab fare ended up being the doorman's tip, and rightfully so.

Now that is exceptional service.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Now that is exceptional service.
very nice

-David
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:45 am
hch

I definitively like the PH Chicago a lot, as so many other posters.

But the absolute winner for a "normal" Hyatt is the Hyatt Olive & 8 in Seattle. Really great rooms, great workout room, great pool & spa area and last but not least ala carte breakfast for diamonds including an amazing steak and eggs.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The Grand Wailea - currently Waldorf-Astoria Collection (HHonors/Hilton) managed.

Hyatt will be back in Wailea next spring:

The new Andaz Maui in Wailea is currently listed as opening Spring 2013 - http://maui.andaz.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...ndaz/index.jsp

-David
The "new Andaz" is the former Intercontinental - not a big winner. Let's hope that the owners will do major investments as that property had nothing special, the pool was the size of the Hyatt Waikiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.