Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Decision - Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Which Hyatt in Europe (melting Bonus Points;))

Dear Community,

from my first free bonus points i´m planing to do a short trip in europe (including turkey) :-)
(all in all around 90.000 Points)

Which Hotel in Europe (out of the German Hotels) would you prefer for some nice days...

Your experiences ?

It would be useful to search for a hotel, which has normaly a really high "daily rate"

Greetings

Last edited by cs1985; Mar 13, 2012 at 1:53 am
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:05 am
Original Poster

no tipps ? :-(
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:43 am

I would combine Park Hyatt Hamburg and Grand Hyatt Berlin.

The cities are well connected (about 1-2h with speed train (ICE)) with each other and I think many will agree with me that these two are the best out of the five properties in Germany.

The PH is even considered the best city hotel in Germany by some polls and travel sites. The GH is more modern and has better facilities.

Rates are around 250-325 € in Hamburg and about 175 to 250 € in Berlin.
The Grand Suite in Berlin is fantastic. I would pay the rate and upgrade with cert or points if possible.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:53 am
Original Poster

I´ve already visited both Hyatt´s in Germany.

The intention of my question was, which hotels outside of germany, are really great to use the points, which i have been collected :-)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cs1985
I´ve already visited both Hyatt´s in Germany.

The intention of my question was, which hotels outside of germany, are really great to use the points, which i have been collected :-)
Park Hyatt Milan.

Hyatt London.

Park Hyatt Paris.

Park Hyatt Zurich.

Depends really where you want to go in Europe and what you want to see/do.

Note that Zurich is very expensive at the moment due to the change in valuation of CHF.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

thx... yes i´ve heard that about the PH Zürich...

I just consider where´s the best hyatt

PH Paris
PH Istanbul
PH Milan
PH Milan

PH London => London Regency ?!
why has it changed, or has it always been hyatt london regency ?

I visit the Hyatt Regency London at the Flyertalk Do in October :-)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thx... yes i´ve heard that about the PH Zürich...

I just consider where´s the best hyatt

PH Paris
PH Istanbul
PH Milan
PH Milan

PH London => London Regency ?!
why has it changed, or has it always been hyatt london regency ?

I visit the Hyatt Regency London at the Flyertalk Do in October :-)
London has not changed names of the city nor the Hyatt I don't think there is a Park Hyatt in London as far as I am aware.

Istanbul I don't normally refer to as Europe any more than Moscow- however both are very good hotels and wonderful cities.

Not sure why the reference twice to Milan- but it is a very good hotel with a wonderful location.

Have a good trip in Europe.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
London has not changed names of the city nor the Hyatt I don't think there is a Park Hyatt in London as far as I am aware.

Istanbul I don't normally refer to as Europe any more than Moscow- however both are very good hotels and wonderful cities.

Not sure why the reference twice to Milan- but it is a very good hotel with a wonderful location.

Have a good trip in Europe.

sorry i typed wrong...

ph milan should be mentioned only for one time :-)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Outside of Germany, Park Hyatt Milan and Park Hyatt Paris are my two favorite Hyatts in Europe. They both are beautiful properties with superb service and are very well located for sightseeing.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

thx, what about the suites there ?

which hotel has got the best ones ? (for diamond suite upgrades)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
thx, what about the suites there ?

which hotel has got the best ones ? (for diamond suite upgrades)
Neither. Both PH Paris and Milan are great hotels, but their base level suite for upgrades are really just junior suites at best and are just a little bigger that the deluxe rooms. Of course both hotels have many higher level suites... and you just might get lucky... but I never have.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Some experiences about other entry Level suites
For example Istanbul. Zürich?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

There was a Park Hyatt London - along with Lowndes (sp?) - which were reflagged as Jumeriah (sp?) properties probably close to 10 years ago now. For quite some time there was no Hyatt property in London until the Andaz and a bit later Churchill became part of Hyatt.

For Istanbul, I think the consensus is that the Spa King which is a routine upgrade for Diamonds is better than the entry Suite.

I've never been to Zurich - and probably won't be in a suite (except for my 2 Chase Suite nights or points) since the base rate is high.

You can check the MASTER REVIEW THREADS for the properties for more details.

Also, you mention Diamond Suite upgrades in some posts and points award stays in others - you cannot upgrade a points stay with a Diamond Suite upgrade - you can however, book a suite award with a minimum stay of 3 nights at a 50% premium in points to the base room (for a Category 6 - a suite is 33,000 points per night compared to the base room's 22,000).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

- you can however, book a suite award with a minimum stay of 3 nights at a 50% premium in points to the base room (for a Category 6 - a suite is 33,000 points per night compared to the base room's 22,000).

What does this mean, Can you please explain?

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 13, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reason: fix quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

What does this mean, Can you please explain?
This chart http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...free_night.jsp (expand the suite section) will show you what I mean. For a category 6 property (most of the Park Hyatts are), a regular room costs 22,000 points per night while a suite (the base entry suite - same as with a Diamond Upgrade) costs 33,000 points per night (but there is a 3 night minimum for these bookings). You cannot book a standard room for 22,000 points per night and then upgrade with a Diamond Suite Upgrade (since those are only valid if you are paying "cash" for the base room).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.