Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Sierra) Rancho Cordova, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - BECOMING HILTON

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Sierra) Rancho Cordova, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - BECOMING HILTON

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
How are diamond upgrades at this property - based on previous reports, basically non-existent?
At a Hyatt House? There is no upgrade benefit at Hyatt House.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
At a Hyatt House? There is no upgrade benefit at Hyatt House.
Ah thought so - never stayed at one before, and the website wasn't clear (or my search skills are severly lacking)

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

In 50 stays, I haven't had an upgrade, per se. It's all suites. The hotel is EXCELLENT about having "my room" ready for me, even on an early check-in.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Changing flags from Hyatt to Hilton

I stayed at this property this past weekend and noticed a "Change of Ownership" sign in the lobby window. Inquired about the change and was told that the property will be converting to the Hilton flag in the near future. This is disappointing as this was my go-to hotel in the area for my family and stay exclusively at Hyatt's whenever possible. The property is certainly showing it's age, but the service we receive at this hotel, especially by Lourdes, is always great. Not a Hilton fan, so we'll have to figure something else out for this area.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Your closest options would be Hyatt Places in Rancho Cordova or Roseville. I was in Rancho Cordova on Saturday night after a family wedding up the road and it was packed. Had to bring breakfast up to my room. Just the normal summer vacation crowd per the desk agent - no sports teams like I've seen there before. The one negative with that property is slamming doors all evening when they have a lot of kids on property. Seems to stop after 11pm.

The big advantage over in Roseville is plenty of restaurants and shopping within 5 minutes of the hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hyatt seems to give properties a bit of time (two years?) to fall into line with brand standards. This property has a great staff but the owner was not willing/able to put out the money required to bring the property up to date.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Hyatt seems to give properties a bit of time (two years?) to fall into line with brand standards. This property has a great staff but the owner was not willing/able to put out the money required to bring the property up to date.
I stayed here recently and the property is not up to the Hyatt standard and other Hyatt House locations I have been to. The service was good and staff was very friendly and helpful, but the rooms really need an update/remodel.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by rs2015
I stayed here recently and the property is not up to the Hyatt standard and other Hyatt House locations I have been to. The service was good and staff was very friendly and helpful, but the rooms really need an update/remodel.
Exactly my thoughts on the hotel. We kept going back because we like the 1 room setup for our toddler who is a light sleeper, but the actual condition of the hotel is iffy. My wife previously worked at an HP, and she couldn't believe some of the little things that were dirty/broken/cracked/etc. When we first stayed there 7 years ago, it was in much better shape. Still sad to see it lose it's Hyatt affiliation.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Your closest options would be Hyatt Places in Rancho Cordova or Roseville.
We are aware of those properties and the HP Rancho Cordova is well-reviewed, but we prefer the 1 bedroom layouts. Maybe we will give the HP a shot next time.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
A new Hyatt House will be built adjacent to the existing property.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...ges-ahead.html
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
A new Hyatt House will be built adjacent to the existing property.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...ges-ahead.html
Very good news-Thanks JimChi! Now I wish they would build one closer to downtown Sacramento
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
The Rancho Cordova Hyatt House was a corporate owned property. So it was Hyatt Corp who did not want to invest the money in it. I am surprised they put their flag on this property at all...

This was the last of the properties owned by "Select Hotels Group" which was just an entity controlled by Hyatt.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Scheduled to become DoubleTree May 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.