Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Airport Transfer Perk on Award Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA

I am booked on an Executive Regency suite at an Asian Hyatt property that "includes airport transfers". I wonder if this perk extends to award bookings? There is nothing in the suite/room description that says otherwise. Will the property honor this perk for suites booked on points?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My guess is that the answer should be yes if you're confirmed in the suite and if the transfer is part of the room description and not part of a particular rate plan. Ultimately you'll need to ask the hotel and probably have it confirmed in writing.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is that the answer should be yes if you're confirmed in the suite and if the transfer is part of the room description and not part of a particular rate plan. Ultimately you'll need to ask the hotel and probably have it confirmed in writing.
That is a good recomendation - GH DXB a few years ago gave me airport transfers since I was upgraded to GC level - they even emailed me to ask about my arrival so that a transfer can be arranged (I declined though since EK F gave me transfer anyways).

Confirmed is one thing but upgraded could be another - the Westin Arion in Greece said that transfers are not part of the upgrades to Plats to Club Level.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
I am booked on an Executive Regency suite at an Asian Hyatt property that "includes airport transfers". I wonder if this perk extends to award bookings? There is nothing in the suite/room description that says otherwise. Will the property honor this perk for suites booked on points?
Regency Club rooms and suites at the DEL Hyatt provided free airport transfers to customers who selected such accommodation types at regular paid rates -- a benefit listed in flyers found in all such rooms -- but then hotel staff (including the GM) would make a fuss about giving the same benefit to Diamonds upgraded on awards to such accommodation types.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Originally Posted by peteropny
That is a good recomendation - GH DXB a few years ago gave me airport transfers since I was upgraded to GC level - they even emailed me to ask about my arrival so that a transfer can be arranged

I have stayed at Park Hyatt Dubai and Grand Hyatt Dubai a couple of weeks ago. I paid standard rate and upgraded to Suites (Terrace suite and ambasador, respectively) using DIA upgrades (not points). Chaufer service was provided by both hotels. They even asked me where they need to pick me up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.