Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

UA promo: 1,000 bonus miles / night (Max 30), now through Sep 30 - UA30K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA promo: 1,000 bonus miles / night (Max 30), now through Sep 30 - UA30K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Also, the Elite promotion and the 30K promotion are stackable.
Then I will stay with UA miles despite AA 3k per stay promo.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Sorry to be dense, but if I want retroactive credit for some stays after June 15 to be credited to AA, do I call up GP and ask to be enrolled in:

AA30K2010?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:34 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good morning,

It looks like our effort to be more transparent in a timely manner has resulted in incorrect information. This is the danger of wanting to respond quickly but not always having all of the details. We have learned that the information regarding AA was incorrect. They are not a participant for the TP30K2010 promotion. We apologize for the confusion and want to continue to be as forth coming about promos as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Sorry to be dense, but if I want retroactive credit for some stays after June 15 to be credited to AA, do I call up GP and ask to be enrolled in:

AA30K2010?
OK, so even if AA isn't participating...we should simply insert the appropriate airline code in place of AA above? Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
OK, so even if AA isn't participating...we should simply insert the appropriate airline code in place of AA above? Thanks.
Yes IF that airline in question is participating. One way to check is https://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/a..._mbr_src=UA30K but replace UA with your desired airline's 2 letter code. It appears that among the domestic legacy airlines only CO & AA are not participating.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Good morning,

It looks like our effort to be more transparent in a timely manner has resulted in incorrect information. This is the danger of wanting to respond quickly but not always having all of the details. We have learned that the information regarding AA was incorrect. They are not a participant for the TP30K2010 promotion. We apologize for the confusion and want to continue to be as forth coming about promos as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
So AA doesn't work, but UA will?

stacked with the 30kUA, UA will then next 3000 miles for a one night stay vs. only 2500 for AA?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, WN, enjoy managing hubby's AA Plat, CO Gold, and Hyatt Diamond accts
Good morning,

We have learned that the information regarding AA was incorrect. They are not a participant for the TP30K2010 promotion.
That's weird. I called last night to register for the promotion, and not only was I already registered automatically somehow without my knowledge, but the bonus miles had already posted for a stay credited to AA in late June. Will they disappear?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:02 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hey RDU4vr,

If your bonus miles have already posted for your stay then no they will not disappear. Hope this helps.

Have a great weekend!
Brock S.
Originally Posted by RDU4vr
That's weird. I called last night to register for the promotion, and not only was I already registered automatically somehow without my knowledge, but the bonus miles had already posted for a stay credited to AA in late June. Will they disappear?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes IF that airline in question is participating. One way to check is https://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/a..._mbr_src=UA30K but replace UA with your desired airline's 2 letter code. It appears that among the domestic legacy airlines only CO & AA are not participating.
Lower down on the totem pole, I could not get YX to work either.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:11 pm

Earn up to 60,000 american airlines aadvantage® miles with hyatt

Good morning,

Best Regards,

Nick H.
AAdvantage members are invited to join Hyatt Gold Passport™ and earn up to 60,000 miles with Hyatt™. Earn 3,000 miles per stay for maximum of 20 stays, now through October 15, 2010

Current members can register to participate in this promotion by entering your Hyatt Gold Passport account number in the box provided.

http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=30KAA
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Originally Posted by LEESUNGJAE
Yes, it is. that's the "common sense" and it's has been going on that way for all kinds of UA MP Bonus mileage offers so far.
Yes, otherwise it would be " too good to be true."
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by pshuang
Rats. While the bonuses posted promptly along with these two stays, when the transfer to United Mileage Plus occurred, only one 1,000 mile bonus posted per stay. I speculate that United Mileage Plus detects what appears to be duplicate entries and only posts once to prevent extra postings if the data is re-transferred, and unfortunately this bonus posts on the Hyatt Gold Passport side in a way that may look like redundant transfers. E.g., for a 4-night stay, there are four postings of 1,000 miles each, but all four have the same check-in and check-out dates, for example.
Am I the only one who is seeing this problem? Do any other FT'ers have multiple 1,000 miles per night bonuses posted not just to their Hyatt GP account but posted on their United MP account for a single multi-night stay? For all of my stays since this promotion started, I am consistently seeing posted to my United MP account 500 miles base earning, 2,000 miles United elite bonus, and a single 1,000 miles bonus under this promotion. Gold Passport Concierge has assured me that the remaining 1,000 mile bonuses will eventually post, but I am surprised I have not seen anybody else post confirming that they are seeing the same thing or contrary-wise that they're seeing all of their 1,000 mile bonuses post together.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by pshuang
Am I the only one who is seeing this problem? Do any other FT'ers have multiple 1,000 miles per night bonuses posted not just to their Hyatt GP account but posted on their United MP account for a single multi-night stay? For all of my stays since this promotion started, I am consistently seeing posted to my United MP account 500 miles base earning, 2,000 miles United elite bonus, and a single 1,000 miles bonus under this promotion. Gold Passport Concierge has assured me that the remaining 1,000 mile bonuses will eventually post, but I am surprised I have not seen anybody else post confirming that they are seeing the same thing or contrary-wise that they're seeing all of their 1,000 mile bonuses post together.
I'm seeing the same thing, only a single 1000 mile bonus posting.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 8:00 am

Also, the Elite promotion and the 30K promotion are stackable.
I've seen 500+2000+1000 miles each stay on my gold passport account, but I only got 2,500 miles posted each stay on my united account. Do the Elite promotion and the 30K promotion post separately on united's behalf?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:38 pm

I've been wondering what will become of the 1,000 AA miles which posted to my GPP account, but not my AA account. I just got an email that gives me a glimmer of hope that I'll actually see the miles after all and the promo will be honored through 7/23:

Dear Hyatt Gold Passport Member,

You recently registered for an offer with Hyatt Customer Service to earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles per night. Unfortunately, as of July 23, 2010, this promotion is no longer valid. Please be aware that you will keep the miles you've already earned, but you will not be able to earn any additional miles in this promotion. The miles you have already earned will post to your AAdvantage account in the next 4-6 weeks.

If you have not yet already done so, we encourage you to register for the 60,000 AAdvantage miles promotion at goldpassport.com/american60k.
You can earn 3,000 miles per stay (up to 60,000 miles) through October 15, 2010. We are excited to share this promotion with you, as you can earn more miles and have a longer period of time to do so.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.