Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
My sister and I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel back in March. I don't have an issue with the overworked, understaffed front desk - but I do have a problem with the shuttle driver. He was nice enough and thankfully, the airport is a short ride. I question his driving skills and even worse, the follow-up exhibited by the manager of this hotel.

We had a near miss accident on our approach to the drop-off area at the airport. The driver was following the car in front of him so closely that when he slammed on his brakes to avoid a collision, I went flying off my seat and my sister was jammed into the seat in front of her. We weren't hurt, but we were sore. I filed an incident report with Hyatt Customer Care that afternoon, and left the hotel manager a message. She did not return my call. I called her again several times, she was out of the office or she had left for the day.

I love Hyatt, and I ultimately let the incident drop. I wanted nothing from this mangager other than an apology and an agreement to reprimand the driver. It was not forthcoming so I just decided to avoid this hotel at all costs. I wasn't going to post anything about this incident until I saw the OP's thread.

I don't go to MSP all that often, but I'm certain there are many other fine hotels to choose from.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - people - I never thought that I'd have to post this in a property review thread - but KNOCK OFF THE BICKERING!!!

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Thank you peter for putting this thread back on track....actually perfect timing for my (hope to be) final post.....

I have spoken with the manager - the actual general manager, not the front desk manager or f&b manager or whatever other manager's there may be - and I give her credit. She joined FT for the sole purpose of contacting me via PM. I gave her my personal info, and she called me within 24 hours of receiving it.

She seemed genuinely concerned about my stay, agreed there were certainly issues, and, on her own, prior to talking with me - had applied suitable compensation. Actually, to be fair, probably more than suitable. It was obvious that she had researched my stay prior to our conversation, as she was able to proactively discuss what had occurred. She was apologetic, and explained to me what she had done/planned to do to insure these type of situations did not occur again.

So at this point, that is all I can ask. The problems occurred, she admitted it, and then resolved them to the best of her ability.

There are several women managers at this property, so I would suggest that anyone wishing to speak to a manager ask for the General Manager.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:22 pm

Smile

Good evening everyone! If anyone has questions, comments or concerns, please contact me directly at 952-854-0700 ext. 5101. I would be more than happy to discuss anything to make your stay better. Thank you Sophiegirl for the tutorial on FlyerTalk. I'm new to this but it's really an exciting way to keep up on new ideas and how we can do things different. I'm 100% committed to 100% guest satisfaction. We do have several women in supervisory positions at the hotel. That being said, if you don't feel you are getting the results you want please ask for me. We appreciate all comments, good or bad! We have daily meeting at 10:30 am to go over all guest comments. We take everything as a learning experience. Have a wonderful night!

Robyn
GM Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Robyn - please allow me to thank you for participating here in our Hyatt forum - welcome!!! We look forward to working with you to improve your property. Of course there each stay is unique with its own perspectives and realities.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I will be staying here later this month using Big Welcome Back free nights for two rooms (I know - not great use of BWB nights, but better than not using them at all!).

I will be sure to post what I think after my stay.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by hyattgm
Good evening everyone! If anyone has questions, comments or concerns, please contact me directly at 952-854-0700 ext. 5101. I would be more than happy to discuss anything to make your stay better. Thank you Sophiegirl for the tutorial on FlyerTalk. I'm new to this but it's really an exciting way to keep up on new ideas and how we can do things different. I'm 100% committed to 100% guest satisfaction. We do have several women in supervisory positions at the hotel. That being said, if you don't feel you are getting the results you want please ask for me. We appreciate all comments, good or bad! We have daily meeting at 10:30 am to go over all guest comments. We take everything as a learning experience. Have a wonderful night!

Robyn
GM Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South
I overnighted last Thursday. Check-in at 1 a.m. was smooth and courteous, and everything was consistent with HP standards.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I stayed here with my family this last Sunday night with two rooms. We were greeted very warmly at check-in and the desk clerk gave us a mini-tour of the facilities.

The room my wife and I were in had a couple of stains on the carpet and my wife said that she didn't feel the bathroom floor was clean. The toilet seat was loose and needed repair and the cordless phone was not useable - The batteries were either missing or completely shot as the handset would not turn on at all when it was off the cradle. My kids (18-23 yrs old) were in the other room and did not complain about anything but I cannot say I gave it a good inspection.

At breakfast the next day it was close to the standard HP fare but there was only a single type of fruit (grapefruit) and there were no bagels (although there were english muffins, white and wheat bread and mini powdered donuts). One coffee urn was empty although the second one I tried did have coffee but it did not seem all that fresh.

The staff was very friendly again at breakfast and checkout, checking on us and bussing the table soon after we were finished.

Overall I would say that it is in a very convenient location for MSP airport and Mall of America, the staff was very friendly and helpful but the property itself is not quite up to par. And to be fair, I did not report the issues I found to give the manager a chance to remedy the issues. I would not avoid staying there again given its location but I would not rate it as being quite up to HP standards.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Had a recent stay here -- nice property.. standard Hyatt Place.. what really made it great was the service, from start to finish. Best part was how I missed the 7am shuttle back to the airport by a minute.. and the guy setting up breakfast offered to give me a ride right there, instead of me waiting for the 7:30am shuttle. How awesome is that?
^
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Any recent stays at this hotel utilizing the airport shuttle? I'm most curious about schedule/on-demand (both Terminals as we'll be arriving T2 one evening and departing T1 the following morning) and reliability. Several ~1-year old TA reviews indicate a lack of reliability.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Any recent stays at this hotel utilizing the airport shuttle? I'm most curious about schedule/on-demand (both Terminals as we'll be arriving T2 one evening and departing T1 the following morning) and reliability. Several ~1-year old TA reviews indicate a lack of reliability.
No stays at the HP, but unless the rates are wildly different, the Hyatt Regency Bloomington is a block away, new, and has shuttle service every half hour. The lounge is not great in the evening, but the breakfast is fine.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
No stays at the HP, but unless the rates are wildly different, the Hyatt Regency Bloomington is a block away, new, and has shuttle service every half hour. The lounge is not great in the evening, but the breakfast is fine.
Thanks for the response, suggestion and info. Yes, unfortunately, the Hyatt Regency is 50% more expensive on points (12k versus 8k).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.