Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by banzani
No reply from GP concierge, so I will have to assume that BRG and suite upg can indeed not be combined (as that's what I've been told over the phone by both the BRG rep as well as by the hotel). Or maybe it's applied in a wheel-of-fortune type of way. In any case my conclusion here is that Hyatt does not care about my business and/or the BRG simply does not seem to work in a consistent way.
Yes they can. Firsthand experience on two different reservations. Might be time for you to request a PL agent for yourself thru GP concierge (I know you said they haven't responded to you PM though)
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
HR ORD

Regency O'Hare

Hyatt rate: 179
other site: 79

Matched to $64, retained cancellation policy. Made the claim by phone prior to booking and had rate confirmed and reservation made all within 6 minutes. Much better than IHG ^

Combined with Hyatts selected for location later in the year I may stumble into Plat status.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by icurhere2
gtahotels.com is indeed a voucher site - I've run into that with the old Wyndham BRG. See link and emphasis added below - note they say the reservation is guaranteed with them, not the hotel.

http://www.gtahotels.com/customercare/main.php
there is go As a FF I would never accept a cheap rate on vouchers am sure would not end well!

And I have to side with Hyatt on this one. Sorry
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Out of curiosity, today I tried BRG for the very first time. I have heard many negative experiences on this forum before so honestly I was not expecting much. I was only doing it just to see how easy or difficult it is to get BRG.

I rang HGP and tried BRG against hoteltravel.com. The operator Brittney verified the price fpr me and found it to be lower. She then asked if she could speak to her manager. I said sure. Then she came back and the following is our conversation:

Brittney: I have asked my supervisor and she said we cannot match hoteltravel.com rates because it requires the user to register an account

Kuponuts: What do you mean? Your terms and conditions never mentioned anything about registration.

Brittney: We did. Our terms & conditions specifically said that we can only match rates that are publically available.

Kuponuts: So in your definition, what does "publically available" mean?

Brittney: It means that the rate does not require any registration.

Kuponuts: Do you speak English? For me, "publically available" means available to the public. The rate is available to you and me and everyone.

Brittney: Trust me. I have done this millions of times. We have never ever matched anyone using hoteltravel.com

Kuponuts: (Okay, so why do you need to speak to your supervisor if you are so sure...) But all websites require some sort of registration in order to make a hotel booking. Or else how do they know who will be staying at the hotel.

Britney: That is wrong! There are many websites that does not require registration. Trust me. I do this everyday and anyway there is nothing I can do to match your rate.

Kuponuts: Well, can you give me one website that does not require any registration?

Britney: For example, expedia.com. Just last week I matched a customer using a rate on expedia.com.

Kuponuts: (searching on flyertalk.com) oh that's funny... I just read on the web that someone tried to BRG using expedia.com and they said that you guys refused to match their rate because it includes taxes and fees.

Britney: Well, that is just a lie! Anyway sir, I don't have time for this and there is nothing I can do for you.

Kuponuts: Wait! Let me check to see if expedia.com requires a registration.

Britney: I dont have time for this sir. You are more than welcome to ring us back again if you find a better rate.

Kuponuts: Wait! You said you have done this millions of times so it should be very easy to verify, right?

Britney: Oh my god! What do you want me to do? I already said that there is nothing I can do for you sir.

Kuponuts: Excuse me ma'am. You are representing HGP and the Hyatt branding. Can you be a bit more polite please? What do you mean by "oh my god"? I am only trying to see if you are right -- whether expedia.com requires a registration.

Britney: I already told you that I do this everyday. So stop bothering me.

Kuponuts: Can I speak to your supervisor please?

Britney: No, she is busy at the moment.

Kuponuts: Well, I can wait.

Britney: Hold on a minute please!

(1 minute later)

Supervisor: Dear sir, as I am aware you are trying to do BRG for Hyatt Regency Hong Kong?

Kuponuts: Yes ma'am.

Supervisor: Unfortunately we cannot match rates from hoteltravel.com. We only do rates that are publically available

Kuponuts: But the rate is PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE? It's available to everyone! Anyway, I wasnt expecting anything from BRG as I have already heard many negative things about it. I am more concerned about your staff. Why does she have to be so impatient and rude and use words such as "Oh my god"?

Supervisor: I am terribly about this sir. I will definitely have a word with my staff after this.

Kuponuts: May I ask who I am speaking to?

Supervisor: My name is Tina.

Kuponuts: Well can I have the name of the operator who I was speaking to?

Supervisor: Well, we cannot give out names for private reasons... except for their first name.

Kuponuts: First name is fine. I just need the first name so that I can report my experience on flyertalk.com and to Jeff Zidell.

Supervisor: Well, her name is Brittney. Anyway sir, how about this? what we can do is...

*(Hung up)
Review on Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Review on Indigo Xiamen Harbour
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by kuponuts
Out of curiosity, today I tried BRG for the very first time. I have heard many negative experiences on this forum before so honestly I was not expecting much. I was only doing it just to see how easy or difficult it is to get BRG.

I rang HGP and tried BRG against hoteltravel.com. The operator Brittney verified the price fpr me and found it to be lower. She then asked if she could speak to her manager. I said sure. Then she came back and the following is our conversation:

Brittney: I have asked my supervisor and she said we cannot match hoteltravel.com rates because it requires the user to register an account

Kuponuts: What do you mean? Your terms and conditions never mentioned anything about registration.

Brittney: We did. Our terms & conditions specifically said that we can only match rates that are publically available.

Kuponuts: So in your definition, what does "publically available" mean?

Brittney: It means that the rate does not require any registration.

Kuponuts: Do you speak English? For me, "publically available" means available to the public. The rate is available to you and me and everyone.

Brittney: Trust me. I have done this millions of times. We have never ever matched anyone using hoteltravel.com

Kuponuts: (Okay, so why do you need to speak to your supervisor if you are so sure...) But all websites require some sort of registration in order to make a hotel booking. Or else how do they know who will be staying at the hotel.

Britney: That is wrong! There are many websites that does not require registration. Trust me. I do this everyday and anyway there is nothing I can do to match your rate.

Kuponuts: Well, can you give me one website that does not require any registration?

Britney: For example, expedia.com. Just last week I matched a customer using a rate on expedia.com.

Kuponuts: (searching on flyertalk.com) oh that's funny... I just read on the web that someone tried to BRG using expedia.com and they said that you guys refused to match their rate because it includes taxes and fees.

Britney: Well, that is just a lie! Anyway sir, I don't have time for this and there is nothing I can do for you.

Kuponuts: Wait! Let me check to see if expedia.com requires a registration.

Britney: I dont have time for this sir. You are more than welcome to ring us back again if you find a better rate.

Kuponuts: Wait! You said you have done this millions of times so it should be very easy to verify, right?

Britney: Oh my god! What do you want me to do? I already said that there is nothing I can do for you sir.

Kuponuts: Excuse me ma'am. You are representing HGP and the Hyatt branding. Can you be a bit more polite please? What do you mean by "oh my god"? I am only trying to see if you are right -- whether expedia.com requires a registration.

Britney: I already told you that I do this everyday. So stop bothering me.

Kuponuts: Can I speak to your supervisor please?

Britney: No, she is busy at the moment.

Kuponuts: Well, I can wait.

Britney: Hold on a minute please!

(1 minute later)

Supervisor: Dear sir, as I am aware you are trying to do BRG for Hyatt Regency Hong Kong?

Kuponuts: Yes ma'am.

Supervisor: Unfortunately we cannot match rates from hoteltravel.com. We only do rates that are publically available

Kuponuts: But the rate is PUBLICALLY AVAILABLE? It's available to everyone! Anyway, I wasnt expecting anything from BRG as I have already heard many negative things about it. I am more concerned about your staff. Why does she have to be so impatient and rude and use words such as "Oh my god"?

Supervisor: I am terribly about this sir. I will definitely have a word with my staff after this.

Kuponuts: May I ask who I am speaking to?

Supervisor: My name is Tina.

Kuponuts: Well can I have the name of the operator who I was speaking to?

Supervisor: Well, we cannot give out names for private reasons... except for their first name.

Kuponuts: First name is fine. I just need the first name so that I can report my experience on flyertalk.com and to Jeff Zidell.

Supervisor: Well, her name is Brittney. Anyway sir, how about this? what we can do is...

*(Hung up)
Review on Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Review on Indigo Xiamen Harbour

Two observations

One the amount of time spent on this in dollars far exceed what ever you would have been saving.

Second, if I am not mistaken MOST discount site rooms are sans ff points and "back of the house rooms" And trust me I am quite sure of this
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Two observations

One the amount of time spent on this in dollars far exceed what ever you would have been saving.
Based on what? I'm saving over $350 on my BRG reservation at the GH Bali. Well worth the time I've spent to do two separate BRGs as the rate continued to drop since i booked.

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Second, if I am not mistaken MOST discount site rooms are sans ff points and "back of the house rooms" And trust me I am quite sure of this
It is true that you won't get points when booking 3rd party, which is exactly why people want to use the BRG so that they are booked thru Hyatt. And "back of the house" doesn't matter, just the category to get the BRG. So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Based on what? I'm saving over $350 on my BRG reservation at the GH Bali. Well worth the time I've spent to do two separate BRGs as the rate continued to drop since i booked.

It is true that you won't get points when booking 3rd party, which is exactly why people want to use the BRG so that they are booked thru Hyatt. And "back of the house" doesn't matter, just the category to get the BRG. So I'm not sure what you are trying to say here
and I agree with you. In our case as much as we both travel for business when we book especially for personal I want to "see" where I am !!!!!!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by kuponuts
This is false as they matched it for me in April. It seems I'm in the minority but it did go through.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever been able to match orbitz rates using a promo code? They have a 20% off sale going on right now with code, and I could save mucho dinero if I could get a BRG on that. I'm expecting a resounding NO, but figured I'd check with you folks first
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Regency O'Hare

Hyatt rate: 179
other site: 79

Matched to $64, retained cancellation policy. Made the claim by phone prior to booking and had rate confirmed and reservation made all within 6 minutes. Much better than IHG ^

Combined with Hyatts selected for location later in the year I may stumble into Plat status.
I was also able to make a claim at this hotel.

Hyatt rate: ~100
Competing rate: ~70
Final rate: $53.70

Lollapalooza weekend ^
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
HR London the Churchill (September 21st-24th):

Only daily rate for King room online - £200+vat
Lastminute.com had advance purchase rate of £160+VAT.

First told this couldn't be matched because one is advance purchase. I pushed and after speaking to a supervisor, price matched to £128+VAT. Took almost an hour but never mind!

£720 reduced to £614 and an extra night (can't pass as that price!)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
HR Waikiki 8/23-8/28
Hyatt Rate: $225.25
Competing Rate: $225.24
Final Rate: $180.19

Approved.

I almost feel bad for doing it, but it's a 5 night booking and saved me $225.

edit: I wanted to add, that the whole price match process was very pleasant. My CSR was very friendly and got everything straightened out for me without any fuss at all. Excellent customer service all around

Last edited by onefatsurfer; Jul 21, 2012 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: QF WP, HGP Diamond
AP conditions?

Has anyone ever had the Advance Purchase t&cs for the lowered BRG rate? From reading the thread almost in its entirety, Im under the impression that despite comparing an AP rate on hyatt.com to a lower AP rate on a third party website, the ultimate lowered rate would have the daily rate booking terms. Is this correct? I prefer the cancellation flexibility that comes with the daily rate but am frustrated to be constantly finding lower rates on other websites.

Appreciate any input.

Cheers
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by qantasflyer89
Has anyone ever had the Advance Purchase t&cs for the lowered BRG rate? From reading the thread almost in its entirety, Im under the impression that despite comparing an AP rate on hyatt.com to a lower AP rate on a third party website, the ultimate lowered rate would have the daily rate booking terms. Is this correct? I prefer the cancellation flexibility that comes with the daily rate but am frustrated to be constantly finding lower rates on other websites.

Appreciate any input.

Cheers
Yep it books as daily rate. I matched a.p in a few properties and always the standard daily rate cancellation policy.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever been able to match orbitz rates using a promo code? They have a 20% off sale going on right now with code, and I could save mucho dinero if I could get a BRG on that. I'm expecting a resounding NO, but figured I'd check with you folks first
I have tried this and was told it can not be matched because we or they don't match coupons , which is in the terms and conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.