Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G2 offer codes and AAA rates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

G2 offer codes and AAA rates

Can a G2 offer code be combined with the AAA rate? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/432; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

It can. You can ask at check in, check out and if all else fails you can call CS and request the retro credit.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:52 pm

When making the reservation, put G2 in the offer code box, and select AAA in the dropdown.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:56 pm

When I pug G2 for offer code and AAA for rate type, I could not see them together for recent 2 reservations.... So I booked with AAA rate and called to add G2..
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:19 pm

I had the same problem this week. In the past, I was able to add the G2 offer code with AA rate. Seems to be an online glitch right now.

I just called reservations and had them add the G2. Was in the system when I checked into the property last night.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Unless you book at at a Hyatt where the folks have been trained in the G bonuses, you likely will need to call CS to get the G bunuses. There are a handful of hotels (eg Irvine) that undersand the program and tell you on checkin/checkout that they are entering the code regardlless of the rate.

Last edited by Trustguy; Jun 18, 2009 at 10:28 pm Reason: details...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Make sure you have G2 on the folio when you checkout and you are set. It's that simple.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:20 am

If booking online, I typically also add the G code, plus any other offer codes and my GP #, in the "comments" box, regardless of what's in the other fields (i.e. "Diamond GP #------, bonus offer code Gx, AAA BREAKF") especially if trying to stack offers. I put whichever offer reduces the rate in the separate offer code box. Maybe a little extra work or wasted effort, but I notice when I check in that the G offers seem to be already applied on the res more often than not this way.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 7:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tummy
When making the reservation, put G2 in the offer code box, and select AAA in the dropdown.
this is the way I've done it as well.

on a side note, when booking this online, the rate is supposed to be fully cancelable rate, but when confirmation email is received it is cancel penalty of $50 outside of 72 hours

--
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Yesterday I wrote about the Hyatt Gold Passport 2500 points per stay using MasterCard summer bonus on my Loyalty traveler blog.

I was having trouble getting the much lower AAA rate showing up when trying to add G bonus for Grand Hyatt San Francisco.

There is good advice in this thread and I added a link to it in my post comments.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...ard-paid-stay/
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Tummy
--
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
this is the way I've done it as well.
on a side note, when booking this online, the rate is supposed to be fully cancelable rate, but when confirmation email is received it is cancel penalty of $50 outside of 72 hours
--
Ah! Now I remember why I originally started sticking the G code in the comments field on my res. One time, long, long ago, I noticed when putting the G code in the offer code box, the rate was actually higher than the AAA rate alone, regardless of whether AAA was in the dropdown. After some experimenting, I figured that the offer code box was probably overriding the dropdown. Since I definitely wanted the lower rate and was willing to chance the bonus, I added the G code to the comment box (just so it would be "on my reservation" -- and print it out as proof -- to meet any pre-conditions about it being on the res.) I got the G bonus anyway, so I've been doing it this way ever since. A li'l extra work, but seems to give me less trouble. I add all the other codes and stuff to the comments, too, just to be sure they're "on the reservation" and can be printed out as proof. That's won me some arguments, when I had a dispute, a couple times.

I've noticed this with other offers, sometimes, too -- the offer code will override the (AAA) discount rate dropdown and the rate increases or the conditions change (like maybe the cancellation policy?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.