Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"RETURN" offer for 2000 points per stay - through April 30, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

Upon checking in at the Hyatt Morristown today I found a flyer with the following offer on it:

Come back and join us at a participating Hyatt hotel in the Eastern United States before April 30, 2009 and enjoy 15% off the Hyatt Daily Rate. In addition, Hyatt Gold Passport members will receive 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points per stay. Be sure to request offer code RETURN at time of reservation.

This is at www.returntohyatt.com

I thought at first that it would probably give a very jacked up rate, but it actually only came up at only $5 more than the AAA rate that I have booked. So with the G2 bonus and diamond bonus, it comes to 5k bonus points per stay.

This offer apparently started on 12/19, so had anyone else seen this before?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by srodr
Upon checking in at the Hyatt Morristown today I found a flyer with the following offer on it:

Come back and join us at a participating Hyatt hotel in the Eastern United States before April 30, 2009 and enjoy 15% off the Hyatt Daily Rate. In addition, Hyatt Gold Passport members will receive 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points per stay. Be sure to request offer code RETURN at time of reservation.

This is at www.returntohyatt.com

I thought at first that it would probably give a very jacked up rate, but it actually only came up at only $5 more than the AAA rate that I have booked. So with the G2 bonus and diamond bonus, it comes to 5k bonus points per stay.

This offer apparently started on 12/19, so had anyone else seen this before?
Nice find, although I don't see how this could be combinable with the G1/G2/G3 promos since only one promo code is allowed in the box (unless I am missing something).

SG
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Nice find, although I don't see how this could be combinable with the G1/G2/G3 promos since only one promo code is allowed in the box (unless I am missing something).

SG
I'm just asking, but why would u not be able to combine these? If it were AAA, u could do this. What is the difference. Even w/ the 20k promo u should get it all as long as u have registered for everything. For a 2 nite stay=2k for the welcome back,2k for 20k promo & whatever the G bonus is. I've always received everything as long as its w/in the time period. The RETURN code shows automatically when u click the link. U add the G bonus & hopefully u registered for the 20k promo.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

I don't know for sure if this is combinable with a G bonus, but I am hoping that it is because if you put the "Return" code in the offer box, it actually comes up as a rate just like a AAA rate or Senior citizen rate rather than as a bonus offer.

I don't see a way to have the G code included in there with the "Return" rate while making the reservation, but I've never had a problem getting retroactive credit for a G bonus with any rate that I've booked just by calling CS. I'll give it a try on my next reservation and see what happens.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Terms and Conditions

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Offer valid 12/19/2008 to 4/30/2009 at participating Hyatt hotels in the Eastern United States. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Guest must request offer code RETURN at time of reservation and check-in to receive offer. Rate is per room, per night, excluding service charges, taxes and other incidental expenses. Rate is based on double occupancy and standard room accommodations. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Additional charges apply to room type upgrades. A limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion. Gold Passport members must choose points for their stay and book the 15% Off Return rate. Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the Gold Passport program. Please allow 6-8 weeks after travel is completed for Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Global Hyatt Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2009 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
TERMS & CONDITIONS
...may not be combined with other promotional offers. Guest must request offer code RETURN at time of reservation and check-in to receive offer. Gold Passport members must choose points for their stay and book the 15% Off Return rate. Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the Gold Passport program. Please allow 6-8 weeks after travel is completed for Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account..
I guess the terms indicate that this can't officially be combined with a G bonus, but is this "promotional offer" a promotional "rate" or a "bonus" promotion? If a promotional rate then adding a G bonus should work.

The following comes from the terms for the ongoing BREAKF AAA offer: "Offer...may not be combined with other promotional offers". But I have booked this rate scores of times and always received the G bonus with it even though I could not enter it while making the reservation.

So I guess the only way to find out is to try it out, let the 2000 "RETURN rate" points post, then call in and see if I can get the G2 bonus points manually posted as well.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I usually reserve online with 1 bonus code (G2, BREAKF,) then I call to ask the rep to please add the other(s) to my res. .
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by srodr
I guess the terms indicate that this can't officially be combined with a G bonus, but is this "promotional offer" a promotional "rate" or a "bonus" promotion? If a promotional rate then adding a G bonus should work.

The following comes from the terms for the ongoing BREAKF AAA offer: "Offer...may not be combined with other promotional offers". But I have booked this rate scores of times and always received the G bonus with it even though I could not enter it while making the reservation.

So I guess the only way to find out is to try it out, let the 2000 "RETURN rate" points post, then call in and see if I can get the G2 bonus points manually posted as well.
Exact! I see this as a "promo offer." Like Brendan, I've never had a problem w/ adding the G bonus. After I make a res I always call CS to make sure they add it in. I have a 2 nite stay n March whereas I reg'd for the 20k promo. I will get the 2k bonus pts + the G2 pts. Just call the CSR & have them add it on. Normally its no problem.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
link returntohyatt, appears dead
Tried *return* for a possible stay at HP-IAH for the upcoming CoDoIV and no luv there
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windwalker
link returntohyatt, appears dead
Tried *return* for a possible stay at HP-IAH for the upcoming CoDoIV and no luv there
The webpage seems to be gone, but I can still pull up the rate at Morristown by putting "RETURN" in the Special Offer Code box.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:22 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
anyone with a stay on this promo... how did the 2,000 bonus points show up? as part of the stay credit? or a seperate line item?

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by thezipper
anyone with a stay on this promo... how did the 2,000 bonus points show up? as part of the stay credit? or a seperate line item?
The RETURN 2k points show up within the stay line much like any Gx or 1W bonus - I got 5700 points total for the one stay that I've done (plus the 20k bonus thing).
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:42 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Thanks! since it sounds like yours posted with the stay, but mine didn't... time to give Hyatt CS a ring in the morning...

Originally Posted by peteropny
The RETURN 2k points show up within the stay line much like any Gx or 1W bonus - I got 5700 points total for the one stay that I've done (plus the 20k bonus thing).
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Question

What is the bonus code that appears on the folio for this promo? Just need to know so I can straighten them out at the front desk when I check out.

Thanks guys.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by GeneCMH
What is the bonus code that appears on the folio for this promo? Just need to know so I can straighten them out at the front desk when I check out.

Thanks guys.
UO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.