Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Feature - "E-STANDBY UPGRADE" - "Request Discounted Room Upgrade In Advance"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Feature - "E-STANDBY UPGRADE" - "Request Discounted Room Upgrade In Advance"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Looking at the eStandby for SFO Airport... has the $0 complimentary upgrade to a Club Room.

Now if I am booking more than one room, does that mean both rooms are eligible for the upgrade... or only the one I as a Diamond, will occupy.
In May 2009, I had 2 rooms - both rooms were upgraded to the RC floor.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:36 am

I just booked a reservation at the Hyatt DFW and got one of these offers with some really different options:

$7 Extra per night High Floor
Add a view of the activity of DFW International Airport from a room on a higher floor to your currently confirmed room or any of your qualifying eStandby selections
Rooms located on the 9th floor or above
Save$13 per night

$7 Extra per night Internet Access
Add internet access for one computer for a 24-hour period in your room at a discounted rate by selecting in advance
Save$3 per night

$9 Extra per night Mini Refrigerator
Bring the comforts of home to DFW, choose this offer and enjoy the convenience of a refrigerator in your room every day of your stay
Save$11 per night

$9 Extra per night Quiet Room Hand selected room away from ice machines, elevators and service landings to offer you a more restful stay.
Save$11 per night

$10 Extra for the entire stay Early Check-in, 9:00AM
By selecting this option, you may be able to check in as early as 9am if a room is available.
Enjoy the convenience of up to six (6) additional hours in your room based upon our standard check-in time of 3pm
If awarded, this request will be fulfilled upon arrival
Estimated Arrival Time: 9:00 am 10:00 am 11:00 am 12:00 pm 1:00 pm 2:00 pm

$15 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Deluxe Queen Queen, 476 sq. ft.
Extra spacious guestroom for a more comfortable stay
Comfortable sitting area with easy chair, matching ottoman and flat panel TV
Spacious work area with desk and ergonomic chair
Save$15 per night

$19 Extra for the entire stay Late Check-Out, 4:00PM
If selected and awarded, this package will be added onto either your originally booked room type, or any other upgraded room types that you may have selected.
Stress free late check-out with no additional parking charge on departure date.
Depart as late as 4:00 pm.
Save$31 for the entire stay

$20 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Business Plan Queen Queen, 364 sq. ft.
All Business Plan accommodations include full breakfast for 1 adult, free local calls and complimentary wireless internet
Other benefits include one shirt or blouse pressed each day (dry cleaning not included), 1 complimentary bottle of water per day, newspaper delivered Monday-Friday and long distance calls within continental US, Canada and Hawaii
Save$5 per night

$20 Extra per night Breakfast & Internet
Add our scrumptious and elaborate hot breakfast buffet for one in Jacob's Spring Grille.
Also includes internet access for one computer for a 24-hour period.
Save$10 per night

$45 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® Executive Suite, 600 sq. ft.
Spacious 2 room suite designed for maximum comfort
Large living room with sofa bed, chaise lounge and easy chair with ottoman
2 full baths for added convenience
Master bedroom with desk/ergonomic chair and 2nd flat panel TV
Master bath features stand alone glass enclosed shower and Portico bath products
Step out balcony overlooking DFW Airport and runways
Save$30 per night

$99 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® VIP Suite, 1,135 sq. ft.
Spacious suite with separate living and bedroom
Parlor features kitchenette with full size refrigerator and coffee/espresso maker and dining area with elegant table and seating for 6
Comfortable living area with queen sized sofa bed, flat panel TV and Bose surround sound system
Master bedroom has a sitting area with chaise lounge and luxurious master bath features deep soaking tub, dual vanity and large glass enclosed shower
Save$101 per night

$149 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade® 2 Bedroom Executive Suite, 964 sq. ft.
Spacious suite designed for maximum comfort
2nd bedroom for added comfort and convenience
Large living room with sofa bed, chaise lounge and easy chair with ottoman
Master bedroom with desk/ergonomic chair and 2nd flat panel TV
Master bath features stand alone glass enclosed shower and Portico bath products
Step out balcony overlooking DFW Airport and runways
Save$157 per night

I must say, I never expected they would charge extra for a quiet room. (Shouldn't they all be quiet?) I also find it interesting that they would presell internet. The $10 early check-in really baffles me as well. It is not a guaranteed early check-in, merely based upon availability. If I showed up early and a room was ready, wouldn't they give it to me anyway?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I find a listing like that a total turnoff ... even if half the things aren't applicable due to status, I just greatly dislike seeing a laundry list with their hand out in this manner.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked a suite at Kauai and got $999 offer to upgrade to presidential suite.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I find this NOR1 Upgrade program bizarre; it gives me the impression that Hyatt is out of touch with their most loyal customers. What would drastically change that would be the ability to CONFIRM these upgrades & amenities at the time they are offered at booking.

The time between booking and arrival would be stress-free and check-in would be predictable knowing what had already been confirmed.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I find this NOR1 Upgrade program bizarre; it gives me the impression that Hyatt is out of touch with their most loyal customers. What would drastically change that would be the ability to CONFIRM these upgrades & amenities at the time they are offered at booking.

The time between booking and arrival would be stress-free and check-in would be predictable knowing what had already been confirmed.
I think you are looking at this backwards. If they start confirming those, there will be little left for complimentary and confirmed upgrades for loyal members. Thankfully right now only the unused space is offered to anyone willing to pay estangby and we still get our perks.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:56 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney

Diamonds can confirm upgrades -- four per year.

Beyond that, if one wants to confirm a certain room, he or she simply needs to pay the asking price. What more could NOR1 offer?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by azepine00
I think you are looking at this backwards. If they start confirming those, there will be little left for complimentary and confirmed upgrades for loyal members. Thankfully right now only the unused space is offered to anyone willing to pay estangby and we still get our perks.
Originally Posted by nnn
Diamonds can confirm upgrades -- four per year.

Beyond that, if one wants to confirm a certain room, he or she simply needs to pay the asking price. What more could NOR1 offer?
This Diamond isn't seeing many complementary upgrades. And with only 4 confirmed ones (on paid stays only), I can't see that confirming these NOR1s at time of booking will have much effect on using those 4.

Again, many of these NOR1 upsells are for non-suite rooms or amenities anyway (business plan add-on, internet, late-check out, etc.). Of course I'm not going to pay for early/late check out/in as a Diamond. I will always ask at check in if this property does anything in terms of upgrades for Diamonds, but when traveling with family/friends I can't stress how important it is to know ahead of time what kind of room you will have.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by azepine00
I booked a suite at Kauai and got $999 offer to upgrade to presidential suite.
Hey, but that's one heck of a suite
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just got offered 45 Euros for early check-in and 75 euros for late check-out at Mainz later this month... pretty ridiculous prices since that's more than I paid for the room.

Nice re the pres. suite by the way!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:27 pm

So what is the overall consensus for using the standby upgrade option? Is it worth it to try to "secure" an upgrade or better to wait and see if your loyalty (repeat guest) gets you an offer of a free upgrade (as I have gotten in the past)?

My specific reason for asking is because I currently have a reservation at Grand Hyatt Kauai for 2 Deluxe Oceanview rooms. I want the rooms connected. If I submit the upgrade request what will happen if the upgrades are available but the rooms aren't connected (or even close by)? Plus, if I submit to do this upgrade then will any possible offer for a free upgrade be eliminated because they see that we would pay for it instead? Suggestions?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cajun Storm
So what is the overall consensus for using the standby upgrade option? Is it worth it to try to "secure" an upgrade or better to wait and see if your loyalty (repeat guest) gets you an offer of a free upgrade (as I have gotten in the past)?

My specific reason for asking is because I currently have a reservation at Grand Hyatt Kauai for 2 Deluxe Oceanview rooms. I want the rooms connected. If I submit the upgrade request what will happen if the upgrades are available but the rooms aren't connected (or even close by)? Plus, if I submit to do this upgrade then will any possible offer for a free upgrade be eliminated because they see that we would pay for it instead? Suggestions?
You don't "secure" upgrade with estandby - it is still based on availability. As a diamond I'd contact the property and ask for connecting rooms - I am certain they will accommodate you. I am not sure what upgrade you are expecting - I bet you can upgrade one to a suite with a cert or cash and still have a second room attached but you should tell them what you need.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Unless policy has changed, you will not get an upgrade in Kauai unless you have paid for it with either points or one of you diamond suite upgrade certificates.

I was told the owners of this property actually review a list of upgrades to suites.

If you submit the upgrade request for both the rooms you can refuse the upgrade if it's only for one of them OR you can just call about a week in advance and tell the hotel your wishes.

IIRC - all the suites I've been in have a connecting room attached OR a vestibule with a second room with double doors to turn it into a 2 bedroom suite.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:09 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Unless policy has changed, you will not get an upgrade in Kauai unless you have paid for it with either points or one of you diamond suite upgrade certificates.

I was told the owners of this property actually review a list of upgrades to suites.
On my only stay at this hotel, I was given an Ocean Suite when staying on BWB free nights. No upgrade currency of any kind was used.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nnn
On my only stay at this hotel, I was given an Ocean Suite when staying on BWB free nights. No upgrade currency of any kind was used.
Treat it as a very lucky break not a policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.