Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Phuket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt Regency Phuket

There have been some earlier threads regarding the announcement of the new Hyatt Regency Phuket (see for example

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551630)

but all of these were short on specific information regarding the new property.

The HR Phuket is scheduled to open in December 2007 and details of the new property (but not reservations) can be found on Hyatt.com at:

http://phuket.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Some highlights:
# Each of the 151 guestrooms including suites, average 50 square metres

# Situated along the West coast of Phuket Island, at Nai Yang beach ..the hotel is just 10 minutes from Phuket International Airport

# Two large free-form swimming pools, a fully-equipped fitness center with sauna and a whirlpool bath

# Nine 90 square metre spa treatment rooms, each with private terrace, offer signature Thai treatments, by qualified spa consultants. Treatments will also be available on the exclusive private island adjacent to the resort.

Assuming that the prices turn out to be reasonable, this hotel will be a welcome addition to the Hyatt chain
Old Jun 10, 2007, 3:05 am

Talking

it certainly will
I hope we are invited to the opening
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott, Starwood, ThaiAir Gold
It looks like it is up near the Marriott Vacation club. Nice and secluded.
You can walk on that beach for 20 minutes and not see anybody.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 7:35 am

Just in time... we're planning a trip spring / summer 2007 and I thought I was going to stay at a SPG location.

The Hyatt looks very nice from the 4 photos they have on the site. Hope it comes in at a low award category.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 5:11 am

Any date for the opening?

From the picture, the hotel looks very nice. Maybe a Cat III hotel?
Old Jun 21, 2007, 7:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Aircoco
According to http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/about/press/future.jsp opening is 12/07.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Aircoco
There are some delays in the project. According to the sales department the resort is aiming to open in the first quarter of 2008.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 3:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
It still doesn' accept any reservations.

Does anybody have an idea regarding the opening date?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Website now says opening in 2009! I guess I won't be staying there when we go to Phuket this year.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:11 am

There is going to be a Park Hyatt Phuket in 2010..
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Website now says opening in 2009! I guess I won't be staying there when we go to Phuket this year.
Does anybody know WHEN in 2009 the hotel might open? We're already in mid-June, and the hotel website doesn't have much info...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Does anybody know WHEN in 2009 the hotel might open? We're already in mid-June, and the hotel website doesn't have much info...
Also very intrested in this. I did send a mail a couple of weeks ago. And got the reply that they still have not set any date.....unfortunately...looks to be a nice hotel...Im visiting Phuket ; October and was planning for a stay but seems very doubtful Hyatt Regency Phuket will be opening untl then ?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
Also very intrested in this. I did send a mail a couple of weeks ago. And got the reply that they still have not set any date.....unfortunately...looks to be a nice hotel...Im visiting Phuket ; October and was planning for a stay but seems very doubtful Hyatt Regency Phuket will be opening untl then ?
I'm no longer seeing this hotel on the various 'opening soon' lists, so I'm not holding my breath that this hotel will be open during my December visit to Phuket.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Property is still on the site - http://phuket.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp - however, its not on the future property list (although I wouldn't read too much into the list since I find it woefully incomplete). I doubt that it would be open by December though.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:21 pm

This hotel no longer appears on the Hyatt website. Looks like it's a dead project?

The Hotel website Link does not lead to a valid page...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.