Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Phuket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by bostonbali
This hotel no longer appears on the Hyatt website. Looks like it's a dead project?

The Hotel website Link does not lead to a valid page...
Yep, i get the following error and a redirection to the default Hyatt page when accessing the Phuket Hyatt Regency page:
"Page lookup failed, id=HOTEL ID: 0, LOCALE: DEFAULT"

Cancellation of this project would be a shame: I was quite looking forward to it
Old May 15, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Any recent update?
Old May 26, 2010, 3:55 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I just received word from Hyatt that "Unfortunately this project is no longer associated with Hyatt."
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:34 pm

Hyatt Regency Phuket - DERELICT

I am anchored off Nai Yang Beach. Had a wonder through the Hyatt building which is returning to jungle. I see the previous thread ended 30 months back. On the road is the old construction office with all the plans for the hotel (dated June 2007), waterfall et al scattered over the floors. Trees growing on the balconies. All the building's wiring has been removed ? looted. The roof was on, the marble for the bathrooms is lying around in the bush. Wiring and plumbing were in.

Somebody lost a bundle.
anybody want to rent a room from me??
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
It really would be interesting to find out the truth.
And to hear what is gonna happen to the announced PH Samui.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Same brand but different location, a Hyatt Regency in Phuket

http://www.eturbonews.com/36416/hyat...huket-thailand

"Jul 23, 2013
Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Kamala Bay Ventures Co., Ltd. for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Phuket, Thailand.

The hotel will be the first Hyatt-branded resort to open in Phuket, one of Southeast Asia’s premier resort destinations. Expected to open in late 2013, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will join two existing Hyatt-branded hotels in Thailand, including Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and Hyatt Regency Hua Hin.

“We are excited to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to one of the region’s most sought after resort destinations,” said Ratnesh Verma, senior vice president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will follow the opening of Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Park Hyatt Changbaishan this year, and the addition of these hotels is indicative of Hyatt’s commitment to build brand loyalty through exciting leisure offerings. We are honored to further strengthen our relationship with Kamala Bay Ventures Co., Ltd., which through its affiliates is also the owner of Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.”

Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will be located on the west coast of Phuket along the upscale Millionaire’s Mile. Overlooking Kamala Bay and the Andaman Sea, the hotel will offer impressive connections to the bustling areas of the island. The hotel will feature 202 guestrooms, in addition to more than 4,300 square feet of meeting facilities, three food and beverage outlets, a club lounge, fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, and spa.

As of March 31, 2013, the Company’s executed contract base consisted of approximately 200 hotels across all brands and regions in which Hyatt hotels operate."
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
http://www.eturbonews.com/36416/hyat...huket-thailand

"Jul 23, 2013
Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Kamala Bay Ventures Co., Ltd. for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Phuket, Thailand.

The hotel will be the first Hyatt-branded resort to open in Phuket, one of Southeast Asia’s premier resort destinations. Expected to open in late 2013, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will join two existing Hyatt-branded hotels in Thailand, including Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and Hyatt Regency Hua Hin.

“We are excited to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to one of the region’s most sought after resort destinations,” said Ratnesh Verma, senior vice president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will follow the opening of Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Park Hyatt Changbaishan this year, and the addition of these hotels is indicative of Hyatt’s commitment to build brand loyalty through exciting leisure offerings. We are honored to further strengthen our relationship with Kamala Bay Ventures Co., Ltd., which through its affiliates is also the owner of Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.”

Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort will be located on the west coast of Phuket along the upscale Millionaire’s Mile. Overlooking Kamala Bay and the Andaman Sea, the hotel will offer impressive connections to the bustling areas of the island. The hotel will feature 202 guestrooms, in addition to more than 4,300 square feet of meeting facilities, three food and beverage outlets, a club lounge, fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, and spa.

As of March 31, 2013, the Company’s executed contract base consisted of approximately 200 hotels across all brands and regions in which Hyatt hotels operate."
Keith Massey is the GM of this property. I have met him on two occasions: when the Grand Hyatt Steakhouse first opened in Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, and on the opening day of Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur. He is a great guy and I look forward to meeting him at Hyatt Regency Phuket!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:36 am

When this hotel is due to open in late 2013 the construction must be almost finished.

Does anybody know which property exactly it will be? Or is this a last minute rebranding from another chain?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Olip
When this hotel is due to open in late 2013 the construction must be almost finished.

Does anybody know which property exactly it will be? Or is this a last minute rebranding from another chain?
Hotel is almost ready but is being "Hyatt-fied." Expect a club lounge similar to HR Hua Hin. Numerous blocks of 10-20 rooms with 200-odd rooms in total.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by price123
Hotel is almost ready but is being "Hyatt-fied." Expect a club lounge similar to HR Hua Hin. Numerous blocks of 10-20 rooms with 200-odd rooms in total.
Let's hope they 'll do a better job than in Danang, which looked for me as if an already finished hotel had been "Hyatt-fied" in the very last minute. It's not really bad but the "difference between a hotel and a hyatt" is not visible at all. Completely exchangeable.

Last edited by Olip; Aug 15, 2013 at 8:24 am
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Hoping this really will open later this year - would love to stay there next May. Checked on the Hyatt website and there is no mention of it. Usually they have a photo/info of an upcoming hotel but state 'bookings not open at this time' or something similar. But there is absolutely no mention of a Hyatt in Phuket.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:52 am

Any updates available? I cannot find it on the website anymore.

Wouldn't be the first Hyatt in Phuket which had been announced and then silently disappered...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Olip
Any updates available? I cannot find it on the website anymore.

Wouldn't be the first Hyatt in Phuket which had been announced and then silently disappered...
It is on the site (http://phuket.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html), but it says it will open in December 2013, but nothing can be booked yet? I am very interested in this one for a trip in early January, as the Le Meridien Khao Lhak is leaving Starwood and this might be an interesting alternative.

Does anyone have any insider info?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:48 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
December 2013? I highly, highly doubt that.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's always a shame that an announcement is made and then... nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.