Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 Point Diamond amenity on award stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 Point Diamond amenity on award stay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
my recent FFN / pts night at the Andaz WS had my 1K post automatically to my account.
I also then noted that for all of my recent (previous) stays in Asia someone at GP has added 2K bonus points - thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:37 am

Thanks for posting this! I was able to call back in and recieve my amenity bonus for my recent award stays (non-points). It took them awhile to track down which award stays were supposed to recieve the amenity bonus, so I had to help identify it for them. But otherwise, it was pretty easy to add it back to my account.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
More than likely because outside NAmerica, 4 star hotels always provide an in room amenity of fruit and chocolates, or similar items, plus a bottle of wine or something similar. This is not a regular practice here in NAmerica -- at least not until you hit the 5* range of properties -- so I suppose Hyatt decided to offer it to Diamond elites, but with an opt-out option to collect points instead of food/drink.
While some int'l properties provide decent or even excellent welcome amenities, some properties don't even know what a Diamond amenity is. In Greater China/Japan Hyatts, for example, I have never received wine. More often, it's a few pieces of fruits (3 maybe), or few pieces of cookies/sweets, or access to the gym. Whereas in Europe, you might see wine being offered more often than not as an amenity. The point is, the Diamond amenity varies greatly across different properties but if Hyatt offers a "bonus point" option just like SPG, I think you would see fewer "complaints" about this amenity issue.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:33 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Please forgive this newbie question, but how can one tell (at non-US properties) if the gift in your room is a Diamond amenity or just a gift given to all rooms of that type?   For example, don't some properties provide a fruit basket to anyone reserving a Club room?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by LRD
Please forgive this newbie question, but how can one tell (at non-US properties) if the gift in your room is a Diamond amenity or just a gift given to all rooms of that type?...For example, don't some properties provide a fruit basket to anyone reserving a Club room?
That's the point, though. The Diamond Amenity is offered in NAmerica at properties since not all of them would be high end and offer the standard in room amenity that is the custom elsewhere in the world. I am surprised to read of the poor offerings at some of the mainland Chinese properties, considering what I received at the Park Hyatt in Shanghai (lovely strawberry tort). As a Diamond at these overseas properties, I would expect one gets the same room amenity as any returning guest. Hotels have varying levels of amenities, based on how frequently a guest stays at the specific property, their VIP level, etc. I suspect Diamonds who are first-time guests may receive the first level offering for a returning guest, one level above the standard room offering that all guests receive.

Again, the Diamond Amenity is really geared towards standard Hyatt NAmerican properties where the "fruit plate" is not a standard in-room item so this ensures we either get such an item or the option of points. Elsewhere in the world it may just be the standard in room amenity all guest get, or a level above that depending upon the property.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:02 am

I have upcoming award stays in Europe. Should I expect 1W?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by savekenny
I have upcoming award stays in Europe. Should I expect 1W?
Yes, the 1,000 pt option for diamond amenity became global from April 2013. And it is available for award stays. There have been reports of some hotels that try to refuse the pt option and force the F&B for award stays, but if that happens, just contact GP after the stay and claim the 1,000 pt plus an additional 500 pt for the hotel not posting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.