Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Addison, TX - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Addison, TX - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
The Longest-Running Room Refresh In Hotel Industry History Seems to Be Complete

First time in this hotel in I suppose a year +/-. Room had new paint, new bedding, stainless kitchen appliances, new kitchen counter-tops, new or reupholstered soft furniture, new or refinished hard furniture and kitchen cabinets, new carpet, and for those of you who care about it more than I do: flat panel televisions. Staff tells me the rooms have all been completed.

Gone with the old carpet is the musty smell. Not updated was the bath, which is still a bit tired and the faucets balky (other than the obligatory curved shower rod and a shower curtain I had to restrain myself from pilfering since it would work well at my house). This location is still serving comp social hour, with a four day rotation of pizza, wings, nachos, and . . .artichoke dip? Soup rotation is chicken noodle, tomato, chicken tortilla, and something I can't remember. (I was there on chicken noodle night which isn't me to start with, but I would guess institutional pre-cook canned). Breakfast was scrambled eggs and non-greasy bacon.

Still not exactly a place to honeymoon and the bathroom would not be confused with a new build, but great place to build up nights if you have to be somewhere anyway. Not bad and way better than it was.

(For those of you who don't know where Addison is, its along the North Dallas Tollway about a quarter of the way north from the Galleria to Plano. (Meaning the older part of the North Dallas strip). Its still a very hotel and dining rich environment with numerous choices of both. An extended stay with a big expense account and you could try out some of the better food in Dallas with no more than a short drive).

Last edited by jayer; Mar 13, 2012 at 8:02 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Great to hear. Stopped staying here because it needed a refresh so badly. And now that HR North Dallas has "no" HR club, it makes no sense to spend the $30-$100 extra to go there when I can stay here on my north dallas visits.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
I'm staying at this place tonight, and I'll be terminating my stay tomorrow a bit earlier than planned due to repeated displays of staff incompetence, to wit:

• A large group of mostly European guests is staying here this week and has been for quite some time. Each night beginning around 9pm, they take over the courtyard and pool, play uptempo dance music much too loudly, scream, holler, a carry on like a bunch of college kids. In the mornings, their garbage can be found strewn around the courtyard in the form of liquor bottles and cigarette butts. After several nights in a row of repeated calls to management and their unwillingness to take action, I called the police. Thanks for stepping up and taking care of business, incompetent, spineless Hyatt House staff. ^ I can't blame the staff for the behavior of other guests, but I lay the blame entirely at their feet for refusing to do anything about it.
  • While drawing a bath for my 1 year old son tonight, the water came out all brown with sediment. I called the front desk to ask if something was wrong with the water. I was told maintenance had been performed earlier on the hot water heater and that I should just keep running the water until it cleared it up. I asked rhetorically if perhaps they could have left a note under the doors of the guests affected by the maintenance. I was told "well, it was three or four buildings". I guess when it's 3-4 buildings, proactively telling your guests about maintenance that may impact them becomes impractical and burdensome. Nevermind that some of us might have used that water to run the dishwasher. Way to go, Hyatt House. ^
  • I asked the front desk clerk tonight about checking out early. I was told that would be okay but that I would need to be out by noon. Can I get a late checkout, I inquired. "No", said the clerk. "We're overbooked for tomorrow night, and we need your room." Me: "What about for a Diamond member?" "We only offer that for platinum, and even then it's not guaranteed." Me: "Diamond is higher than platinum." Her: "It's not guaranteed". I will resume this discussion in the morning with whoever is on duty where I can show them the terms of the GP program stating that yes, for Diamond, a 4pm late checkout is in fact guaranteed. Way to go, Hyatt House. ^

Needless to say, I won't be returning here. It's a shame, though. The rooms are among the nicest Hyatt House rooms I've experienced, but the staff just killed this stay for me.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
This location is still serving the comp full open social hour and has not changed to cafe menu service (as I at least think some locations have). They seem to feature rotating soup and salad, with one additional heavy finger food appetizer, assorted breads, and light dessert. Not exactly fine dining but no complaints (well one, they only had ranch dressing, but if I was staying more than one night I could fix that with a trip to the store).

Last edited by jayer; Jan 3, 2013 at 7:47 pm
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:00 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "I like this property".

I stayed here years ago and was not impressed. They seem to have remodeled many of the rooms and given the place a general overhaul for the better. I was in a newer room which was quite comfortable.

The breakfast is quite a bit more elaborate than your standard Hyatt House breakfast because they now have an omelet station. They did a great job.

Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I was prepared to pay for a Sunday newspaper but they said it was complimentary for a Diamond. I found many great restaurants and services within easy walking distance (on Belt Line Road).

Overall I was very pleased with the stay and will surely return to this property the next time my travels take me to Addison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.