Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:33 am

Correct. Mr Takang is off to Hamburg, Kevin and Antony left Hyatt International completely. They're still in Istanbul though.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by scented
Anyone stayed at the Park Hyatt Istanbul lately? Since three managers (Mr. Takang, Kevin and Antony) left the property - how are things going? Would love to come back anytime soon but they were so amazing and went out of their way to create the most personalized service I ever experienced at a luxury hotel, so I'm curious what Hyatt did to 'replace' them.
Is Kevin the guy who speaks German and seems to be half German, half Turkish?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by attorney28
Is Kevin the guy who speaks German and seems to be half German, half Turkish?
Right! He was so hospitable and responsible for this feeling of a true luxury hotel - too bad he's gone.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:04 am

I was just there last week. Didn't get the name of the general manger, but the service is still great and wonderful. The manager did come to speak to me regarding an amenity - but all was fine. The french concierge is still there - quite amazing overall.

The staff is wonderful. The only other hotel that I have experienced that comes close (in terms of overall experience) is the Aman resorts / GHM hotels - and thats a very high standard

All Park Hyatt's should be like the one at Macha Plas.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST
I was just there last week. Didn't get the name of the general manger, but the service is still great and wonderful. The manager did come to speak to me regarding an amenity - but all was fine. The french concierge is still there - quite amazing overall.

The staff is wonderful. The only other hotel that I have experienced that comes close (in terms of overall experience) is the Aman resorts / GHM hotels - and thats very high.

All Park Hyatt's should be like the one at Macha Plas.
Thank you. Glad to hear that. Do you know if Helen is still in charge of the Concierge desk?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:10 am

If helen is the french woman (blond) who has lived in Istanbul for 7 years, then yes.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by scented
Correct. Mr Takang is off to Hamburg, Kevin and Antony left Hyatt International completely. They're still in Istanbul though.
Does anyone know why Antony left and what he's doing now?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 5:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Private Tour Guide in IST?

By chance, has anyone hired a private tour guide in IST that they would recommend?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yes, Helen is the french woman who has lived in Istanbul for 7 years, and she is still there. My wife and I just completed a stay at the Park Hyatt. She was a great help to us as well as Erhan at the front door. Maerve (sp?) at the restaurant was very attentive also for our diamond breakfasts each morning.

Overall it was a wonderful trip for us. A great hotel. The Spa Room pushed our experience at the hotel above our trips to the Park Hyatt Chicago, though both hotels are amazing.

-cwillyg
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:38 am

The hotel has a major steet rejuvination at present. the noise at the front of the hotel is dreadful and starts early and goes all day.

they could not move us they said to any other room.
the street noise from the other street at night goes all night. so far havent had a decent stretch of sleep .
Im thinking of checking out.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
The hotel has a major steet rejuvination at present. the noise at the front of the hotel is dreadful and starts early and goes all day.

they could not move us they said to any other room.
the street noise from the other street at night goes all night. so far havent had a decent stretch of sleep .
Im thinking of checking out.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I do know that the street in front was being re-done, but it was supposed to have been finished 3 days ago, according to what we were told.

For some reason, the hotel seems very busy during the work week, but it got less crowded toward the weekend when we were there. I would have expected the opposite. Maybe you'll be able to change rooms on Thursday?

Thanks,

cwillyg
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
I have a promotional award good for one night stay at any worlwide Hyatt property (exp 11/30/10) and can't seem to find any available nights at this property. Has anyone successfully booked a promotional award night at this hotel or does it not participate?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
need to call hyatt

You actually need to call Hyatt for promotional award night for PH Istanbul. I just booked my stay for January. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by touringuy
I have a promotional award good for one night stay at any worlwide Hyatt property (exp 11/30/10) and can't seem to find any available nights at this property. Has anyone successfully booked a promotional award night at this hotel or does it not participate?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
diamond amenity

A side question: as a diamond (or plat extra award certificate holder), what kind of welcome amenity (food & beverage) shall I expect in PH Istanbul? I didn't see much other than a fruit plate from this thread. Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:53 am

!)
Originally Posted by cwillyg2
Sorry to hear about your experience. I do know that the street in front was being re-done, but it was supposed to have been finished 3 days ago, according to what we were told.

For some reason, the hotel seems very busy during the work week, but it got less crowded toward the weekend when we were there. I would have expected the opposite. Maybe you'll be able to change rooms on Thursday?

Thanks,

cwillyg
they did finally offer me a normal room out the back( I have a suite)but added that on satuday night there would be a party at the pool till midnight- so not ideal but how bad can a party be??
but the noise subsided a bit that day so i declined
then at 2am (yes 2 AM!) they started cutting granite with a brick saw for about an hour.
it was a bit quieter yesterday.though we took off at 10 and didnt come back till 7
i have just come in after breakky and the jackhammers are going.
the whole building is shaking.
I think most other countries would have blocked the rooms at the front till the work was done.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Oct 2, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.