Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Just stayed here and the location is much better than at the GH.

I'm glad I'm done with all the monuments on the old city side as the commute can be dreadful.

Pleasantly surprised by the shopping / boutiques around the hotel. The bars and restaurants are more upscale as well.

One thing I can't figure out - what is the orange / red door card (that is found in the wardrobe area) that says " ALL CLEAR " ?
The card is probably to be used by hotel personnel in the event the hotel has to be evacuated (e.g., fire) to indicate that the room has been cleared of guests.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is there any executive lounge in PH Istanbul? If no, what freebies are provided to Diamond members to compensate for the lack of lounge availability?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is there any executive lounge in PH Istanbul? If no, what freebies are provided to Diamond members to compensate for the lack of lounge availability?
No lounge at the PH. It seems most, save a few PHs, are lounge less.
Breakfast is available in the restaurant or in room...

FDW
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:37 am

It sounds like a DSU is a waste at PH Istanbul as most Diamond members report being upgraded to Spa King Room whether they use DSU or not - am I reading that right?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by ajca
It sounds like a DSU is a waste at PH Istanbul as most Diamond members report being upgraded to Spa King Room whether they use DSU or not - am I reading that right?
Yes, don't use the DSU there -- get the Spa King Room which is the best non-suite room in the Park Hyatt chain
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Comparing PH Istanbul with FS Sultanahmet, FS Bosphorus, & upcoming St. Regis

Just returned from a 4 night stay on pre-devaluation points for suite at the PH Istanbul. Since that was a Park King Suite, I arrived to be told they had "upgraded" us to a Spa Suite--which is really just a nice junior suite. I indicated our need for a true 2 room suite, so after some back and forth (and a chance to look at the Spa Suite), they upgraded us to their Executive Terrace Suite for all nights.

What a room. The terrace actually had Bosphorus views, too.

We had a fantastic stay. Concerns over traffic to the tourist Sultanahmet area turned out to be unnecessary--we took taxi taking 20 min in morning, and we returned using the public tram/train that took about 30 min and a walk. Very easy. And the best dining is on the new side of the city, where the PH is located, anyway.

We did look at the FS Sultanahmet and FS Bosphorus out of curiosity. Both beautiful properties. The FS Sultanahmet is great if you must be in the tourist area, but one day of sightseeing lets you see pretty much everything, and we still preferred the PH. The FS Bosphorus is right on the Bosphorus, but it felt a bit more like a conference hotel despite its reasonably small size--and the only rooms that face the water are outrageously expensive (and not worth it IMO). We definitely (and surprisingly) preferred the PH.

The PH matched the feel of luxury we had at both FS. The PH is just more modern and contemporary chic, and it definitely felt more boutique, yet with all the bells and whistles (but no lounge).

The new St. Regis will be the PH's chief competition, as it is literally down the block from the PH.

We also saw the Grand Hyatt, which looked nice and was maybe a mile or two away from the PH, so good location as well. The W was a little further away, too, and looked very nice.

Moral of the story--if you can use your points/upgrades, stay at the PH or Grand Hyatt (or the St. Regis opening in Feb 2015 or the W if you affiliate with SPG, too, as I do). We spent NOTHING for our 4 nights but points, and the starting room rates at the other luxe properties were in the 700 euro and up neighborhood. VERY good use of our points, and we'd stay at (and pay for) the PH again. The biggest question for our next visit will be the PH or St. Regis, since they're so close!

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 27, 2014 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:15 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

That was very nice of them to upgrade you to a executive terrace suite. Those look amazing. The park suite is actually quite small and dark. You're absolutely right about the spa suite. It's a large room. In fact I think it was only recently that it got reclassified as a suite. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Istanbul. The ph is in a very upscale neighborhood. We had a much harder time with the traffic but I would rather stay away from the hustle and bustle.

Fdw
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:07 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We were upgraded to the same room. Absolutely stunning and one of only 3 that have Bosphorus views. Very cool having the floor to yourself if the suite next door is unoccupied.

We spent most of our time on the terrace.

With Emporio Armani on the ground floor this hotel was perfect for us.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:29 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Just curious... I was upgrade to the Park SPA King on the last visit. How or what did you guys do to get a upgraded to executive terrace suite? We already have plans for next summer to go back, but this time with my 3 boys.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:19 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zh
Just curious... I was upgrade to the Park SPA King on the last visit. How or what did you guys do to get a upgraded to executive terrace suite? We already have plans for next summer to go back, but this time with my 3 boys.
There is no trick. My post can be found earlier in the thread.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:17 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zh
It was just circumstance. The 5 Park King Suites were already occupied (someone had extended their stay in one, apparently), so they tried to "upgrade" us to the Spa Suite...and I firmly but politely indicated that our reservation was confirmed for the Park King Suite which has a truly separated living room and bedroom. They tried to upgrade us to the Executive Suite for one night and then move us to the Park King Suite for the other nights, but I indicated that we did not want to be moved between rooms during our short 4 night stay. Since they had no other true suites to offer for the 4 nights, they upgraded us to the Executive Terrace Suite that was available. It took some pressure on my part, not settling for what they offered, but they pretty quickly recognized that I wouldn't settle, and that I was due a proper one bedroom suite as I had reserved.

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 29, 2014 at 10:57 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:51 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
It was just circumstance. The 5 Park King Suites were already occupied (someone had extended their stay in one, apparently), so they tried to "upgrade" us to the Spa Suite....
Nice....
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
I also got upgraded to the Terrace Executive Suite with an enormous balcony with Bosphorus views last November. Nicest room among all 30 Hyatts I've stayed at thus far.

In my case however I was proposing to my girlfriend and the hotel helped me plan the entire night, including an incredible private Bosphorus sunset cruise. My Hyatt private line agent was also key to making everything happen.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:46 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It was just circumstance. The 5 Park King Suites were already occupied (someone had extended their stay in one, apparently), so they tried to "upgrade" us to the Spa Suite...and I firmly but politely indicated that our reservation was confirmed for the Park King Suite which has a truly separated living room and bedroom. They tried to upgrade us to the Executive Suite for one night and then move us to the Park King Suite for the other nights, but I indicated that we did not want to be moved between rooms during our short 4 night stay. Since they had no other true suites to offer for the 4 nights, they upgraded us to the Executive Terrace Suite that was available. It took some pressure on my part, not settling for what they offered, but they pretty quickly recognized that I wouldn't settle, and that I was due a proper one bedroom suite as I had reserved.

Pre surly my scenario but at 1AM!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:26 am

Arrived at PH Istanbul this morning and received a very warm welcome.

No problems with early check-in (8:30am) and Diamond upgrade to a huge beautiful room with a steam room.

Was also offered complimentary breakfast either in-room or at the restaurant. I took in-room and the menemen is really good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.