Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1800Checkin checked in guest on a day other than that specified in the reservation.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1800Checkin checked in guest on a day other than that specified in the reservation.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2005, 1:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Background situation:

2 one-night reservations for two distinct hotels. Reservation 1: Grand Hyatt New York for one night (Night 1); Reservation 2: Hyatt Milwaukee for the subsequent night for one-night (Night 2).

Sequence of events:

Called 1-800-check-in on Night 1 -- under unknown terms -- and was checked into Hyatt Milwaukee despite Reservation 2 being set for the following night (Night 2).

1800-CHECK-IN representative, like the guest, also did not apparently notice the day/date "discrepancy" and proceeded to check-in like normal (for 1800CHECKIN) and assigned a room number.

Several hours later, the discrepancy is noted by guest and the hotel was contacted. Hotel staff says they will resolve the matter and fix it in the morning and the one-night reservation for the hotel on Night 2 (Reservation 2) will still stand as originally made.

Hyatt staff was very friendly and professional and promised to get the matter resolved in the morning.

Any similar incidents that you are aware of?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:24 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
hi GUWonder,

were they both PS? I have had several reservations back to back at different hotels but usually one I was physically checking in and only the other part the next day is PS and usually I am checkedout of the previous day already when I check in for the next and I almost always state the hotel when i asked for 1-800-checkin just in case;-D
Old Nov 28, 2005, 3:37 am

I've oftentimes wondered why they ask me the date of my check-in sometimes when I call 1-800-C.I. Isn't the only possible day to do 1-800-C.I. the ACTUAL DAY OF THE STAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Snoopyo
hi GUWonder,

were they both PS? I have had several reservations back to back at different hotels but usually one I was physically checking in and only the other part the next day is PS and usually I am checkedout of the previous day already when I check in for the next and I almost always state the hotel when i asked for 1-800-checkin just in case;-D
The Grand Hyatt New York as a PS? Nope. And that would be rather expensive. The Hyatt Milwaukee certainly seems to have become a PS regardless of prior "planning".
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I've oftentimes wondered why they ask me the date of my check-in sometimes when I call 1-800-C.I. Isn't the only possible day to do 1-800-C.I. the ACTUAL DAY OF THE STAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I thought the same thing, but apparently not.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Resolution: Handled very well by Hyatt Milwaukee.

^^ to the good people at Hyatt Milwaukee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.