Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Master "Hyatt Parking Charges" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat

There have been a number of threads here mentioning parking charges at Hyatts. I think it's about time we make a list of parking fees here, for the Hyatts we've stayed at.

I'll start off with two that offer absolutely free parking:

Hyatt Fair Lakes (Fairfax, VA)
Hyatt Valencia (Valencia, CA)

$12/day:
Hyatt Regency Orange County (Garden Grove/Anaheim, CA)
Old May 16, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Bellevue, WA and Newport, RI

I suggest we add a note for self-parking or valet and an "as of" date. For example:

Hyatt Regency Bellevue (Bellevue, WA) $11/day (Self) as of 04/2005
Hyatt Regency Newport (Newport, RI) $14/day (Self) as of 05/2005

For Hyatt Regency Bellevue, free parking is available at Bellevue Square Mall about 2 blocks away.

Last edited by dashark; May 17, 2005 at 6:55 pm
Old May 16, 2005, 2:59 pm

Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport-$18/day valet, $15/day self as of 5/2005
Hyatt Regency St. Louis $15/day valet, as of 4/2005
Hyatt Regency Schaumberg free self as of 2/2005.
Old May 16, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Bonvoy
Hyatt Regency San Francisco - $41/day valet, as of 5/2005
Grand Hyatt San Francisco $41/day valet, as of 5/2005
Hyatt Regency SFO - $21/day valet, $15/day self as of 5/2005.
Old May 17, 2005, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Waikiki - $19.00 per day for valet. Unsure of regular parking rate.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Hyatt Pittsburgh Airport - same rate as airport lots: $9.00 per day for close-in spaces and $6.00 per day for farther away ("extended") parking. I'm not sure whether they offer valet as I always prefer to park myself.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Grand Hyatt Seattle

Grand Hyatt Seattle (Seattle, WA) $28/day (Valet) as of 03/2005

I don't believe the Grand Hyatt Seattle has hotel self-parking, although there is a private garage in the same building (where they park the valet cars), another garage across the street and on-street parking as well.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by dashark
I suggest we add a note for self-parking or valet and an "as of" date. For example:

Hyatt Regency Bellevue (Bellevue, WA) $11/day (Self) as of 04/2005
Hyatt Regency Newport (Newport, RI) $14/day (Self) as of 05/2005

In addition, how about we mention where nearby (within a block or two) legal, free parking alternatives might be for those who do not wish to pay for parking.

I'll start off with:

- La Jolla - Free parking available on street near the hotel.
- Orange County (near Disneyland) - ditto
- Hyatt Irvine (I traded my Diamond amenity for free self parking)
Old May 17, 2005, 4:51 pm

Hyatt Phoenix

$16/day - Valet
$14/day - self park with in & out privilege
$7/day - self park no in & out privilege

as of 3/2005
Old May 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globehopper
In addition, how about we mention where nearby (within a block or two) legal, free parking alternatives might be for those who do not wish to pay for parking.

- Orange County (near Disneyland) - ditto
Where is there free street parking near the Hyatt Orange County? I've stayed at this hotel several times and have had to suck it up and pay the $12 because I didn't see any alternatives nearby.

Here are some other Hyatts with street parking nearby:

- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago - unrestricted street parking a block or two from the hotel. May be hard to find a spot though.

- Hyatt Arlington - plenty of metered parking nearby that's free between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m., and all day Sunday. Walk a few blocks north, up the hill behind the Key Bridge Marriott, and there are some unrestricted spaces on Oak St., about a 10-minute walk away.

- Hyatt Regency Crystal City - some metered parking, ranging from 1-hour to 12-hour ($6.00 for 12 hours), also free between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. If you're lucky, you can even find a few unrestricted spaces on Fern Street and other nearby streets, but be careful that you're not parking in a residential permit zone.
Old May 18, 2005, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Where is there free street parking near the Hyatt Orange County? I've stayed at this hotel several times and have had to suck it up and pay the $12 because I didn't see any alternatives nearby.
The sporting goods store parking lot across the street. Not exactly street parking, but.............................. I heard of others parking there in that lot as well, but I just sucked it up and paid for parking even though no (or hardly any) other hotels near Disneyland charge for parking.
Old May 18, 2005, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Free:

Reston, Va
IAD Hyatt

Note: OC Hyatt Anaheim, if you leave before 6:00 a.m. you can sneak out without paying b/c they don't man the booth. Not good for those visiting Disney but I was working and left early in the morning, so I'd pay, and split before they manned the booth. Used to be the same way for the Long Beach CA hyatt but the last time I was there the guy was in the booth by 5:00 a.m.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by wahooflyer

There is a Marriott Hotel across the street (Harbor Blvd), tall building (can't miss it). On the back side of the Marriott, there is a surface parking lot for Marriott customers. Just south of that parking lot are some residential side streets with plenty of curbside parking.

If one were to walk in a straight line distance from the south entrance of the Hyatt to those streets (which is possible) it should be no more than a 1000 foot walk.

It is also possible to find curbside parking along some of the nearby arterial streets.
Old May 31, 2005, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Grand Cypress - Valet Parking $14.00
Old May 31, 2005, 3:40 pm

Hyatt Regency Chicago O'Hare

Stayed there Memorial Day weekend and had an odd parking experience. Self parking posted rate is $17 for overnight guests. $20 for anyone else and some other high hourly rates.

We mentioned our car was in the lot but decided to move it to a near by free parking lot to avoid the charges. They charged us for parking anyway, I guess because we had mentioned our car was in their lot while we checked in.

But they only charged $9 plus taxes ($2 per night) for three nights. They even took that off when I mentioned that we did not park in their lot. I'd suggest calling them to find out what the real rate is, $3 or $17 a night. Maybe the $17 was a discount per night, but that was not clear at all from the signs.

Last edited by bsegreto; May 31, 2005 at 3:41 pm Reason: Self parking - no idea on price for valet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.