Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Kanazawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think this property deserves its own thread than to be combined with the Hyatt Centric in the same complex. Definitely different properties catering to different needs. The HH has many rooms with kitchen facilities including a rice cooker.

Borrowed from Instagram to show the property.
road2elysium likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 3, 2020 at 1:39 am
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I have a booking here in a couple of weeks. Great opening rate. One thing that is not available anywhere on the website is the parking charges - was wondering what those are given its close proximity to city center. Otherwise looks great on paper.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by porphyra
I have a booking here in a couple of weeks. Great opening rate. One thing that is not available anywhere on the website is the parking charges - was wondering what those are given its close proximity to city center. Otherwise looks great on paper.
My guess would be 2000 yen a day? Nice to have those charges waived if you're a Globalist.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:03 am

Stayed here on a fantastic opening promo rate. The location is terrific - on the west side of Kanazawa station, which is not only convenient access by Shinkansen but also right across from where the Komatsu Airport limousine bus drops you off.

The check-in process was fantastic, probably one of the best we had in all of Japan. The front desk was fluent in English, upgraded us from the den to the Kitchen Studio suite proactively (while also explaining exactly was included in the room vs the room we had booked - this had a functional kitchen), provided us all the information and had us in our room before 10 am.

The hotel is obviously very new and shows it. The room is well designed and was quite spacious. Having the kitchen was very helpful. Their marketplace is very well stocked with excellent local drinks and food. The lounge and outdoor area were great to hang out in, and the breakfast was functional and got the job done. At under half the rate of the Centric next door, I'd be hard pressed to justify choosing that over this.

Parking was a very reasonable 1000 JPY and the gym was also more than adequate. Loved the tumblers they gave us to refill at the water coolers they have at all the floors. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I will definitely come back here!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It did look like a wonderful bargain for the facilities and hardware and glad to hear a pleasant stay review.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed last week on Chase award night. Free parking, normally ¥1,000, which was nice. Perhaps because I am Discoverist? Easy check-in, robes and amenities in lobby. Small selection of foods and drinks for sale in lobby. No upgrade for us, but the room is fairly spacious. Chatted with the manager and he said 90% are kitchen-type rooms. Nice gym. Ice and water coolers on each floor. Many shops on the first floor, and hitting the supermarket around 6-7pm meant a lot of 50% stickers.

Because of COVID/low occupancy, they gave us tickets for full breakfast at the Centric next door, which was excellent. I believe that usually runs ¥3,000/per person. Hyatt House would normally be continental.

We walked to Kenrokuen and the 21st Century Museum in 35 minutes. Went back at night by bus for the light-up show.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Stayed last week on Chase award night. Free parking, normally ¥1,000, which was nice. Perhaps because I am Discoverist? Easy check-in, robes and amenities in lobby. Small selection of foods and drinks for sale in lobby. No upgrade for us, but the room is fairly spacious. Chatted with the manager and he said 90% are kitchen-type rooms. Nice gym. Ice and water coolers on each floor. Many shops on the first floor, and hitting the supermarket around 6-7pm meant a lot of 50% stickers.

Because of COVID/low occupancy, they gave us tickets for full breakfast at the Centric next door, which was excellent. I believe that usually runs ¥3,000/per person. Hyatt House would normally be continental.

We walked to Kenrokuen and the 21st Century Museum in 35 minutes. Went back at night by bus for the light-up show.
What do you do in Japan? I used to live there for 9 years and now I miss it...
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan
What do you do in Japan? I used to live there for 9 years and now I miss it...
Uni prof. There are some drawbacks, population density being one, but especially for raising kids, it is a pretty good place. No drugs, guns, and very little crime.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:48 pm

Uni prof. There are some drawbacks, population density being one, but especially for raising kids, it is a pretty good place. No drugs, guns, and very little crime.
Cool! Which university?

And yes, I get it. Like I said, I lived there for 9 years. Also, my wife is Japanese and I'd love to take our daughter to see her side of the family in Niigata, but Covid.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 11:37 pm

+1. Stayed there for a second time a month ago, and the breakfast at Hyatt Centric was a really nice surprise! Considerable upgrade from the much spartan breakfast at this property. It makes sense as the occupancy rates at both properties is quite low. They do take the no upgrade policy quite seriously. They usually will upgrade from the Den to the Kitchen studio for most elite levels (since these are the most numerous types of rooms). However, as a globalist couldnt get any upgrade beyond that to the two suite types, even though there was very low occupancy while I was there. They did quote an upgrade rate of 20,000 Yen /night which I politely declined!

I don't see the point of staying at Centric next door with the current setup unless you need a full service place. This is considerably cheaper and I really enjoy having the full kitchen setup!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 7:33 pm

Thought about staying here again, but turns out the Chase Award Night is only allowed for a standard room (up to 2 guests). Since we are three, they said I could use points, but as the Centric will take my Chase award we will stay there (they only charge 15,000 were I to take the points option).

For three guests:

House
Kitchen studio, 41sqm: ¥29,355 (no point or award option)
One bedroom kitchen suite, 53sqm: ¥59,605 or 20,000

Centric
Twin room with sofa bed, 32sqm: ¥34,000 or 15,000 or award night.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Aug 6, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Thought about staying here again, but turns out the Chase Award Night is only allowed for a standard room (up to 2 guests). Since we are three, they said I could use points, but as the Centric will take my Chase award we will stay there (they only charge 15,000 were I to take the points option).

For three guests:

House
Kitchen studio, 41sqm: ¥29,355 (no point or award option)
One bedroom kitchen suite, 53sqm: ¥59,605 or 20,000

Centric
Twin room with sofa bed, 32sqm: ¥34,000 or 15,000 or award night.
you should use the suite cert if you have one, the one bed room is the standard suite
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
you should use the suite cert if you have one, the one bed room is the standard suite
I only have certs from Marriott, otherwise it would be a good idea.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does this hotel have self-service laundry facilities?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Does this hotel have self-service laundry facilities?
Yes, and I confirmed with Hyatt Centric that their guests are able to use the self-service laundry facilities at House as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.