Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Breakfasts Changing 4/1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P

I just received a Hyatt survey follow-up from an HP GM, and he included the following sentence:

"As of April 1 all Hyatt Place's are getting a new breakfast and an upgrade. "

This was the first I heard of this, and I figured I would pass it on. I know most of the posts on here involve PHs and higher end properties, but I thought this might be useful info to some.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dreidel
I just received a Hyatt survey follow-up from an HP GM, and he included the following sentence:

"As of April 1 all Hyatt Place's are getting a new breakfast and an upgrade. "

This was the first I heard of this, and I figured I would pass it on. I know most of the posts on here involve PHs and higher end properties, but I thought this might be useful info to some.

The breakfast is pretty mediocre (I end up just eating some cottage cheese and maybe the bacon off the crappy sandwiches they put out) so it would not be hard to upgrade it. There isn't even a waffle machine to make a waffle which you have at all the Hilton all inclusive breakfast brands
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is quite a bit of variability surprisingly - i had back to back stays at portland and reno and one was barebones but the other had some reasonable edible choices...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Maybe as part of the WOH "upgrade" they want to offer a breakfast that "revolves around you" which offers a "Personal connections" and an "Amazing experiences!"
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by christianj
Maybe as part of the WOH "upgrade" they want to offer a breakfast that "revolves around you" which offers a "Personal connections" and an "Amazing experiences!"
Wait, are you saying in addition to strawberry and blueberry I've get a 3rd choice of yogurt? Amazing.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
In my experience the international Hyatt Places can have much better breakfasts than the U.S. HPs. Hyatt Place Tijuana has a shockingly excellent full breakfast spread, with 3 kinds of truly fresh-squeezed juices, homemade chilaquiles, salsas, fresh eggs, fresh pastries... it all tastes like a real chef made it. La Paz HP isn't quite as good but still has fresh made tostones, eggs, etc.

But the U.S. HP breakfasts are so bad that literally anything would probably be an improvement. I'm curious what they'll do to upgrade it while still keeping in the 'efficiency' mode of US HP breakfasts.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This would be nice. I like Hyatt Places a lot but the breakfasts are a weak point. I'm staying at a Hilton Garden Inn right now where I have a far worse room than I would at a HP but I get a cooked to order breakfast whereas at a HP I'd get some crappy egg sandwiches.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:08 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by CMK10
whereas at a HP I'd get some crappy egg sandwiches.
The sad thing is I consider those egg sandwiches to still be better than when certain HPs put out the "skillets" of institutional quality scrambled eggs and sausage in lieu of the sandwiches. Hopefully the rumored changes will at least call for some minimum level of consistency.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I like the breakfast sandwiches for something different.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Hopefully the rumored changes will at least call for some minimum level of consistency.
Which is really the problem. When first introduced the sandwiches and even the more volume alternatives were generally good to very good. They still may be if you open the place up, or it is one of the now-rare locations that seem to care about it.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I'm glad they are doing this since a lot of to-be-former Diamonds won't need to stay in HPs and HHs for status re-qualification.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I hope the 'upgrade' moves it to 'edible'. Let's say something like a Springhill Suites or Fairfield Inn .... I know I'm setting the bar high but a guy can dream.

IME experience the hot items at most HP are horrible. I've gotten to the point where I don't even go downstairs for it... it's not worth the effort.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I haven't regularly ate HP breakfasts for a while now. Only if I'm in a big hurry. Rather stop at a Panera or Starbucks than HP.

Problem goes away this year as I wind down my relationship with Hyatt.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I'm looking forward to possible changes. The breakfast stuff is pretty low end across all of the HH and HP locations.

Personally I don't understand the lack of consistency comments. Seems like every HP I stay at has the same crappy selection: pealed grapefruit, canned fruit salad, junk bowl of yogurt, scrambled eggs, soggy frozen waffles, and the gross egg mcmuffin knockoffs.

I would love a change.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
One time at breakfast at a Hyatt Place (I'm sure we could all have stories that start off that way), I stepped away from the toaster for all of 5 seconds. Upon my return, a woman was standing right in front of the toaster looking around, and as soon as my bagel came out she took it. I looked at her in bewilderment, and she said, “I’m sorry, was this yours? Do you want it?” After she had already touched it, I told her not to worry about it.

Therefore, my only hope is that the upgrade includes personal toasters, label makers, or security personnel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.