Wiki Posts
Search

Are GP points purchases instant?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Are GP points purchases instant?

I found a great deal where paying for points is a steal compared to available rate and see plenty of availability now. I wanted to see what the average time for purchased points to appear is, don't want to get stuck where award space disappears while I wait. Any experiences on how fast the points show up?
Old May 24, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I bought some points in January...I believe they came in almost immediately after purchase and I was then able to book the room.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Interesting, for my account (Diamond, account has been very active for 12-13 years) the points posted immediately. For my wife's (only recently opened, no status, no stays) it's been about 15 hours and still nothing. I called Hyatt and they cannot help but gave me the points.com phone number. That is useless as it's geared to just steer you back to their website, which then says you should allow up to 3 days for points to appear. Meanwhile, the Hyatt UI for purchasing points only says "up to 48 hours."
I am hoping they show up soon...
Old May 25, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Mine have always been pretty instantaneous.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

My wife's points posted not long ago, so around 18 hours from purchase. Award space was still there so all worked out fine in the end.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:30 am

I'm having exactly the same problem. Just bought points for myself and they appeared instantly and for my wife (new account) they haven't come through. Hopefully they will appear within about 18 hours like your wife's did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.