Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bloomington / Minneapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
Thanks...I checked the website and the suites were available. I contacted Hyatt via twitter, but the rep said the suites max out at 2 people (I will have 4 in my room).

I hope the airport shuttle and lounge open soon! If not, I will cancel my reservation and stay somewhere else.
2 people per room for a suite? I tend to not believe that.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some (half) of their suites are really junior suites.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure that four will fit in your room? The standard rooms here are small.
Yes, the standard room I booked has 2 queen beds.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Platinum
FYI for those interested. Had to take taxi after arriving at airport at 1am. Cost: $20.50. Appeal to the hotel to offer 24 hour shuttle on demand. Would be differentiator in choosing hotel "near the airport"!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uffdajess
FYI for those interested. Had to take taxi after arriving at airport at 1am. Cost: $20.50. Appeal to the hotel to offer 24 hour shuttle on demand. Would be differentiator in choosing hotel "near the airport"!
Is their airport shuttle operating at all yet? When they first opened, it was listed on their website, but the hotel wasn't providing any shuttle service. If this is still the case, you should complain.

ADDED: You don't say which terminal at MSP, but a $20 taxi fare sounds like more than it should be, especially at a time with no traffic (although I don't know whether airport taxis impose a late night surcharge--there are some airport use fees, but probably no worse than anywhere else).

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 12, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Is their airport shuttle operating at all yet? When they first opened, it was listed on their website, but the hotel wasn't providing any shuttle service. If this is still the case, you should complain.
Would the light rail be an alternative for this location? Not saying people should take it instead of a cab/shuttle, just curious and figured you may know. Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Light rail stops half a block from the hotel. Worked great for me.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
Would the light rail be an alternative for this location? Not saying people should take it instead of a cab/shuttle, just curious and figured you may know. Thanks!
Yes and no. The light rail doesn't operate 24/7 (certainly not at 1 am, although I'm not sure when the last train in this direction leaves MSP), although most of the MSP airport hotels do operate shuttles all night if needed.

I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel about using the light rail very late at night; my instinct is that this would not be wise. Similarly, in bad weather the walk (which is more like two blocks from the light rail stop to the hotel's main entrance) would be much less pleasant than a hotel's airport shuttle. Finally, the shuttle is much more convenient if you have much luggage.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:38 pm

Is yhe Regency Suite really that small? Pictures show it as a standard suite. Hoping for an Executive suite upgrade from a paid Regency Suite.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Is yhe Regency Suite really that small? Pictures show it as a standard suite. Hoping for an Executive suite upgrade from a paid Regency Suite.
I found the standard suite quite nicely sized. True separate bedroom is the size of a standard room, with a large bathroom with two vanities, glassed in shower, and a separate room for the WC. The living space is bit smaller, but I like the layout. If you are looking at the pictures on the website they used a wide angle lens to capture the bedroom and that makes the living area look very narrow. There is also quite a lot of closet space with an entry closet in the living space and a walkin closet in the bedroom that aren't apparent in pictures. The living space here is really optimized for that, it is NOT a repurposed sleeping room.

As an aside, the lounge is now open and stocked with soda, water, nuts/mix, coffee, and filtered cold still and sparkling(!) water during the day. Breakfast is still in the excellent Urbana. I arrived to late to see what evening service was.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by thecoldhandoftechnology
I found the standard suite quite nicely sized. True separate bedroom is the size of a standard room, with a large bathroom with two vanities, glassed in shower, and a separate room for the WC. The living space is bit smaller, but I like the layout. If you are looking at the pictures on the website they used a wide angle lens to capture the bedroom and that makes the living area look very narrow. There is also quite a lot of closet space with an entry closet in the living space and a walkin closet in the bedroom that aren't apparent in pictures. The living space here is really optimized for that, it is NOT a repurposed sleeping room.

As an aside, the lounge is now open and stocked with soda, water, nuts/mix, coffee, and filtered cold still and sparkling(!) water during the day. Breakfast is still in the excellent Urbana. I arrived to late to see what evening service was.

Cheers!
Thanks! I called the Hotel and emailed, asking if the couch pulls out into a bed, but no one knew when I called and when I emailed no one answered back.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:25 pm

Thanks! I called the Hotel and emailed, asking if the couch pulls out into a bed, but no one knew when I called and when I emailed no one answered back.
Couldn't some staff member run up to an empty suite and check?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:37 pm

Couldn't some staff member run up to an empty suite and check?
Trust me, I tried....
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:40 pm

Trust me, I tried....
I'm surprised because the employees that one finds in Minnesota are usually decent and willing to not only show common sense but also to take the initiative to offer to go above and beyond when it's appropriate. You might want to take to the front desk supervisor or rooms manager about your experience with this.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1K
I am currently at this property - was upgraded to the Executive Suite (refer to the pics on Hyatt's website) as a diamond booked on standard rate for a king room. I can confirm the couch does not pull out into a bed.

Originally Posted by thecoldhandoftechnology
Although the lounge is opened, it is bare minimum with coffee, tea, Pepsi (regular and diet) and filtered water (not cold when I tried the still tap). Full breakfast at Urbana. Diamonds are entitled to two glasses of wine/beer and one appetizer each night at the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.