Search

2016 Freddie Awards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:00 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

2016 Freddie Awards

Dear Flyertalkers,

It’s that time of the year again – the Freddie Awards are here! Make your voice heard and vote for Hyatt Gold Passport® in this year’s Freddie Awards – recognizing the best travel loyalty programs in the world.

Your say matters and so does your stay. Whether you’re attending your company’s annual conference or a fun-filled family reunion, your Hyatt Gold Passport membership helps make traveling easier and more rewarding.

Year after year, you’ve helped make us one of the best hotel loyalty programs around. Let’s do it again. Cast your vote by March 31, 2016 at vote.freddieawards.com.

Thank you for your support!

The Hyatt Gold Passport team
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Diamond
Maybe

Whether Hyatt has their normal Winter promo or not will determine my vote. I suggest others voice the same concern to Hyatt, as other properties are showing their loyalty to their most loyal customers, but so far Hyatt is a No Show. Also their continued Web Site problems (down just a few minutes ago) is not a good way to gain votes.

Before anyone starts flaming me, remember that Hyatt is asking for our votes. I am just expressing my concerns and reservations to giving them my vote.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Oh not the best time to ask for this since there's no promo to be had :P
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:27 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I have voted for Hyatt annually, but this year I'm going to skip it. Data breach, lack of promotions, and that status match debacle did it for me.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Come with a decent winter promo and be more honest about BRG (with is currently a pure scam) and maybe you will get some votes...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxKare
Whether Hyatt has their normal Winter promo or not will determine my vote. I suggest others voice the same concern to Hyatt, as other properties are showing their loyalty to their most loyal customers, but so far Hyatt is a No Show. Also their continued Web Site problems (down just a few minutes ago) is not a good way to gain votes.

Before anyone starts flaming me, remember that Hyatt is asking for our votes. I am just expressing my concerns and reservations to giving them my vote.
+1. I think Hyatt needs to slide down the ranking a little bit and find some motivation to get their game back in shape.

IT problems galore. No promo since summer '15. Really poor communication re DSU changes. Some sort of corporate paralysis which is really just out of character - is everybody depressed at missing out on Starwood or something?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Same for me with all the aforementioned reasons.

What I really don't get is the push for awards. If my choices for a business trip are between 2 decent properties which I can use and are on budget, and a Hyatt which is $100 over budget; the fact that they won awards will not allow me to choose them anyway.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Agree. The status match was a debacle...denied for being 2 hours late for a deadline that no one knew existed?

Maybe next year.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
For sure

Been very happy with Hyatt.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Very Happy with Hyatt. Staying at some Marriotts lately due to a redemption I need, but I cant wait to get back to Hyatt. Hyatt will get my vote! Hyatt Gold Passport on this board is fantastic!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by gemini573
I have voted for Hyatt annually, but this year I'm going to skip it. Data breach, lack of promotions, and that status match debacle did it for me.
I will also skip voting for Hyatt this year,for the same reasons and the fact that Hyatt email replies clearly show that no one ever took the time to actually read the original.

Sorry GP Concierge-I am aware that you have been a valuable asset to this forum,but right now Hyatt is currently "off the rails". If things appear to improve, I would be glad to give them another chance,but for now, my employees and I will be staying elsewhere.

Last edited by Markie; Feb 15, 2016 at 10:45 pm Reason: fix html
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Not a chance I am voting for Hyatt this year. Why reward a company that does not reward me?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Probably not a good time for Hyatt to ask us to vote for them in the Freddie Awards (and it would be a good thing for them to miss being awarded this year, I think) for these reasons:

1. Shady Hyatt hotel changes that eliminated 'standard' rooms being available for award bookings by moving standard rooms out of 'Hyatt Daily Rate' codes. Similar shadiness with Hyatt Place hotels with had ALL rooms available for award bookings, but now 'high floor' rooms can be made ineligible at an individual hotel's whim. This was discovered 8 months ago and these issues STILL haven't been addressed by Hyatt corporate.

2. Malware discovered in the majority of your hotels credit card processing systems that was handled EXTREMELY poorly by management. I just got a fraudulent $500 charge from a grocery store in South Carolina--thanks Hyatt!

3. No promo in a looooong time. Apparently Hyatt thinks that because SPG (arguably the best elite hotel program in North America) is imploding and will be ruined by Marriott, they can just wait and grab most of those customers. Heck, they may not even be wrong, but Hyatt certainly hasn't done much to try and get our business lately!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by gemini573
I fear I am with you on this one. The lack of promotions and the status give away are the two factors for me. I've voted in the Freddies since the days when the ballot came in InsideFlyer magazine and Hyatt has been my programme every year. It's sad that 2015 will be the last.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
AH AH AH AH AH !
Nice joke to send us this email... after the mess (IT, reservations, support and CC SECURITY ISSUES).
I didn't want to fill in freddies this year, but guess what? I will... but you will not be my choice (none the one of my friends)... PS : last year you was my first choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.