Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Salt Lake City Downtown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

This is the Hyatt House at 140 South 300 West, not the Hyatt Place a block and a half away.

New construction, 3 long blocks from the main portion of Downtown. Adjacent to the sports facility and the Gateway Center. Note: Some businesses in Gateway are open on Sunday. The light rail to the airport and downtown proper is a block away.

If you've been to the Hyatt House in Sandy, this will feel familiar. Fairly typical new construction for a Hyatt House. The new-ness certainly adds to the appeal. Large lobby with eating area, open seating and a pool table. (White felt?). A shop with candy, snacks and "essentials". Beer.

The fitness center is very big - five treadmills, a recumbent bike, two elliptical trainers and tons of s p a c e.

My room has a small kitchen, large freestanding high table with chairs. There's a relatively small area for watching the television...which can also be rotated for bedroom viewing. The bathroom has a large marble/tiled shower - no tub - with one of those WaterWaster (tm) shower heads. (Frankly, it felt like a slightly-shrunk Andaz shower.) No desk, per se.

I'm living with a constant, low frequency noise. It's as if the building's HVAC unit is right on top of my bathroom. I look up at the little ceiling fan and think "surely, this 50kHz drone isn't coming from that." I've turned up/down/off my room HVAC. That isn't it. I am on the top floor, so it could be the building HVAC or some other system.

Beware that breakfast doesn't start until 6:30AM (7:00AM on weekends). Work prevented me from seeing breakfast until today. It's pretty expansive: a couple of fruit bowls, a couple of yogurt bowls, oatmeal, about four or five hot egg/meat dishes, potatoes that looked pretty good, cereals, breads. Someone was preparing food; I've no idea what. There was a line at 6:30AM. Two urns of regular coffee and two of decaf. Yay. (There were two guests dismayed to learn they'd gotten decaf by accident.)

Four newspapers in the lobby (two local).

Parking is apparently US$10/day. I don't have a car to confirm. It's a separate, multi-level lot "out back".
Small nuisance: Single elevator - not particularly speedy - serving six floors. Perhaps there is another elevator elsewhere in the large building.
Small nuisance: No room safe.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Sep 3, 2015 at 10:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.