Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How long for a significant amount of compensation points to show in my account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

I recently had a pretty disappointing experience (will post in a future review) and the resort offered to give me a significant amount of points as compensation. I checked out on 4/28 and I have still not yet received the points. The points were promised to me on 4/23 (when I checked in on an award stay). When we agreed to the compensation I asked to resort to provide me with a written document stating that I will in fact received the points, which they did indeed provide me with.

Thank you for help.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyer121
I recently had a pretty disappointing experience (will post in a future review) and the resort offered to give me a significant amount of points as compensation. I checked out on 4/28 and I have still not yet received the points. The points were promised to me on 4/23 (when I checked in on an award stay). When we agreed to the compensation I asked to resort to provide me with a written document stating that I will in fact received the points, which they did indeed provide me with.

Thank you for help.
If you agreed to accept compensation for some undisclosed shortcoming at an unnamed resort, why would you feel it would then be appropriate to write a future review, which most likely will be unfavorable to the property?
Old May 3, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
My brother was told he would receive points from a pretty popular property in the PNW, but in the end he didn't. He was told that since he dealt with a new FD agent, they wouldn't give him any points. YMMV.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
If you agreed to accept compensation for some undisclosed shortcoming at an unnamed resort, why would you feel it would then be appropriate to write a future review, which most likely will be unfavorable to the property?
IMO, a poor experience is a poor experience. If I receive compensation as part of that poor experience, the compensation doesn't negate the fact that I've had a poor experience. I would happily note the compensation in my review of a property but I would not hesitate to point out their shortcomings that resulted in such compensation being offered.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I was promised 3K points for a unpleasant checkin experience at a Hyatt place which never showed up. At the same Hyatt Place, I was promised 2K points for a TV issue and that appeared about 4 days later.

The difference was the 3K pts was offered by a night FD person which needed manager's approved (either paper work got lost or was outright not approved). The 2K points was entered by an assistance manager and showed up soon after it was promised.

From your timeline, you may need to call and share the document with Hyatt CSR to get compensated.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:28 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
After a very disappointing stay in 2010 (check in on August 14, check out on August 15), HGP agreed to compensate 12K points (the amount an award night would have cost). The points were in my account on August 17.

After a disappointing stay in 2011 (check in on June 3, check out on June 4), the hotel manager agreed to compensate 8K points. The points were in my account on June 24. IIRC I had to contact the hotel again to remind them.

So in my limited experience it can take from 2 to 20 days, perhaps requiring a gentle reminder.

In 2010: _everything_ went wrong. It was truly a miserable stay.

In 2011: Hotel disclosed at check-in that there was an event the next day which would close all the streets (making it impossible to exit the parking garage). We had to leave before 6 am which was kinda tough for an afternoon flight. If we had not left by 6 am we would have missed the flight completely.

Thank you for help.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:44 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I checked out on 4/28 and I have still not yet received the points. The points were promised to me on 4/23 (when I checked in on an award stay).
Wow, they compensated you for a crummy stay, _before_ the stay began? Let's just say that in my experience, such discussions usually occur _after_ the stay
Old May 3, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond

Thank you for help.
Had a 2 different issues at a resort a little while back (really, the first ones we've had worth complaining about in many years with Hyatt), and the points posted before we checked out. (It was a 2+ week stay).

Initially, the property really dropped the ball even on the complaint, but they finally did make up for it and then some, so much so that the compensation was way more than generous.

If the points didn't appear within a little while of the check out, I would certainly check with the manager.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The last time I got compensation, it took around 12 days after discussing it with senior management. I don't think they're going to be stiffing you but you can always have Hyatt concierge on here or Twitter check it out for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.