Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will Hyatt honor a prepaid travel-agency booking when they're showing sold out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club

HR Minneapolis, for a future date, shows only Guaranteed Available Rate of $349.

Skoosh.com has it (okay, HAD it ... I got the last room) for $105.36 prepaid. They sent me a voucher to give to the front desk.

The voucher says "Prepaid Hotel Voucher (to be presented to the hotel on check-in)" and "This reservation is booked and payable via JacTravel. Under no circumstances should the guest be charged except for extras."

It then gives two phone numbers in England to call if any questions.

When I google Skoosh Reviews ... let's just say that some people have had bad experiences (but to be fair, some people have had good experiences as well).

Do you reckon that I really have a valid reservation? How would one find out for sure? (preferably before the stay)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

Call the hotel?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why shouldn't they...... 3rd parties often have blocks on a fixed number of rooms.

Contacting the hotel when checking-in late is always a good idea, otherwise don't worry.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Call the hotel and confirm.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thanks for advice ... will march myself downstairs in the morning and ask the front desk.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:15 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You could have just asked the property to pull the inventory from that site and offer you the rate, but of course you take this approach.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There are some 3rd parties that buy inventory... So not everything shown there is for a property to offer. But with payment to the hotel it might be....
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Please explain . It didn't qualify for a BRG because the other site requires you to create an account.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You could have just asked the property to pull the inventory from that site and offer you the rate, but of course you take this approach.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:32 am

Looking forward the inevitable new thread about why you should be entitled to Diamond benefits on that stay
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:37 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Please explain . It didn't qualify for a BRG because the other site requires you to create an account.
IME, individual properties will match other published rates if you call them, I've even had the Hyatt Australian call centre remove inventory from an external site and offer me the same price. These are not BRG claims.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
IME, individual properties will match other published rates if you call them, I've even had the Hyatt Australian call centre remove inventory from an external site and offer me the same price. These are not BRG claims.
Perhaps there are different rules in Australia, but here in the US that is likely a breach of contract. We didn't have many wholesalers at any of the hotels where I worked as a Revenue Manager. But, for the ones we did, the only way to get that rate was by booking through that company. Since wholesale rates always had a list of restrictions, they were never eligible for price matching.

I suppose there's no harm in asking. If the hotel wants to cheat the wholesaler, that's on them. That said, I would expect to hear "no".
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Many properties will match a rate if you call the property directly, not the toll-free reservations #.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Perhaps there are different rules in Australia, but here in the US that is likely a breach of contract. We didn't have many wholesalers at any of the hotels where I worked as a Revenue Manager. But, for the ones we did, the only way to get that rate was by booking through that company. Since wholesale rates always had a list of restrictions, they were never eligible for price matching.

I suppose there's no harm in asking. If the hotel wants to cheat the wholesaler, that's on them. That said, I would expect to hear "no".
Not all sites are wholesalers. Wotif.com inventory is actually loaded by the property's sales department.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No they are not... But when the property is sold out on its own website and someone else has availability it probably is a 3rd party that pays for that inventory whether they sell it or not.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
No they are not... But when the property is sold out on its own website and someone else has availability it probably is a 3rd party that pays for that inventory whether they sell it or not.
I had the PH MEL say it's sold out, but there was one room on wotif.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.