Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Should I escalate switching from points to award night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs

I have a 3-night reservation booked with points at the Vendome but now my husband has his award nights available so I want to switch out two nights. The 800-reservation rep says the system doesn't allow changes. The reservation has to be cancelled and re-booked as points for one night and 2 nights as awards. BUT there are no standard rooms available so during the process of re-booking some other person could nab those nights. Do you think I could escalate this to a supervisor to get it done? Have others been successful? My 2 free nights will post next month before the stay. Should wait and try again at that time?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
I have a 3-night reservation booked with points at the Vendome but now my husband has his award nights available so I want to switch out two nights. The 800-reservation rep says the system doesn't allow changes. The reservation has to be cancelled and re-booked as points for one night and 2 nights as awards. BUT there are no standard rooms available so during the process of re-booking some other person could nab those nights. Do you think I could escalate this to a supervisor to get it done? Have others been successful? My 2 free nights will post next month before the stay. Should wait and try again at that time?
I was in this exact situation at the PH Sydney. HGP said no can do so I emailed the hotel and they were able to make the change. Give that a try!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

I was also told that this was not possible at the GP level. Hotels may be able to do it since they control the inventory and can internally open the necessary availability to facilitate the change.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Great! I'll give it a try and report back on my success or failure. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.