Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Diamond Benefits Starting March 1st, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Diamond Benefits Starting March 1st, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I've even accessed the international terminal at SFO when flying out of the domestic to access a club there. TSA didn't care.
The international terminal at SFO (Concourse G) is connected airside to T3.

There is no TSA at SFO; passenger and baggage screening is operated by a private contractor (Covenant).

In any event, as stated upthread, a same day bp will allow you to access any concourse/terminal at SFO.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
For those booking rooms under the Guest of Honor program, make sure that under the room rate code, it's booked as HON.
I booked my daughter + friend into a room under Guest of Honor program and spent a while on the phone with the reservations agent. The agent booked the room as GP (general points) instead of HON and the hotel did not extend them Diamond benefits.

Just FYI. I will PM the Hyatt Concierge so that they can verify the appropriate coding is listed in the reservation agents' 'cheat sheet'.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
How / when do we get our club passes?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Westin.
I got mine this week and I'm in Australia.

Last edited by m0hamed; Mar 12, 2015 at 10:52 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
My United Club passes arrived on Monday 2 March in the mail.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I got mine in the mail about a week ago and I don't have exactly the swiftest
route of the postal service.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
At SFO, and most other airports, you are allowed to access other terminals. I recently visited the Centurion Lounge at SFO in T3, despite flying AA on T2. Had no problems doing this.
Originally Posted by Miesque
I got mine in the mail about a week ago and I don't have exactly the swiftest
route of the postal service.
Mine came a week ago in the mail too.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Applied the Guest of Honor for a friend. Found out that the hotel never offered a Diamond amenity choice. I followed up directly with the hotel and they replied that they were unsure of how the program worked and apologized.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Got mine UA day passes earlier this week by post in Austria... not sure how I'll use them as I'm *G anyway, but maybe I'll pass them on to a olleague in my company who is heading to the US in summer...
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Just an update. I was speaking with the guest services manager and he asked how I liked the new GOH program, as they had just received full training on it a week before.

I told him my concern and thanked Hyatt for making my points more valuable. He looked at me like I was nuts and I explained that IF people wanted to sell them, they were now worth more because they came with club access and a room upgrade.

He said he never thought of that. Duh... well, it's much like the diamond challenge DSU issue, the folks at GP don't really understand how people work the program

Anyway, I also commented about my concern regarding diamond members losing out on upgrades to GOH people, and he said that SOP was that they are considered a rung below diamond members and will recieve benefits after the diamonds were all taken care of.

Now this is only at one hotel, but it was good to know they actually took the time to explain the program to their employees.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Just an update. I was speaking with the guest services manager and he asked how I liked the new GOH program, as they had just received full training on it a week before.

I told him my concern and thanked Hyatt for making my points more valuable. He looked at me like I was nuts and I explained that IF people wanted to sell them, they were now worth more because they came with club access and a room upgrade.

He said he never thought of that. Duh... well, it's much like the diamond challenge DSU issue, the folks at GP don't really understand how people work the program

Anyway, I also commented about my concern regarding diamond members losing out on upgrades to GOH people, and he said that SOP was that they are considered a rung below diamond members and will recieve benefits after the diamonds were all taken care of.

Now this is only at one hotel, but it was good to know they actually took the time to explain the program to their employees.
Why would you give a Hyatt Guest Services Manager a road map and explain how people game their program?
Old May 6, 2015, 11:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mromero07
Why would you give a Hyatt Guest Services Manager a road map and explain how people game their program?
Because lots of us realize that while gaming the system is nice for a while, when they eventually catch up the results often are not in our favor. So I tend to like the program to function as intended and benefit from that.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by mromero07
Because they have reps here on FT who read the forum and it's not a secret.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:29 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Because they have reps here on FT who read the forum and it's not a secret.
Exactly - they monitor this forum fairly closely - and are likely aware of what's going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.