Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points not posting correctly...again!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

My last two stays have both posted just slightly lower than what should have been earned. Both were very simple bills with just room and tax so not sure why the eligible spend field is showing up slightly lower. Has not had a huge points impact but hate having to keep checking and getting Hyatt to fix it.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
This happened to me at HR Washington DC. The eligible spend was indicated at 116, but was actually 129. Customer service didn't have any explanation, but fixed it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I actually never calculate the actual points to be credited...
however, on my last stay at the HR Mumbai, only 1 night instead of 2 nights were credited. After I called customer service, they corrected this immediately, actually adding 3 nights to my account instead of 2.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's pretty standard... normally not for an amount that I'm bothered but it happens often.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:59 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Morning!

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We were able to identify a problem with how the base points were being calculated at a limited number of hotels and made corrections to prevent this error from recurring. However, if you should ever notice this type of discrepancy in the future, please reach out to us directly, and we will be happy to research the stay.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:25 pm

While not directly related I had 3 separate consecutive night stays this past week where my Diamond Amenity bonus points were forgotten. I emailed customer service each time and the errors were corrected quickly. However only the last correction received the 1500 retro point credit (the first two only got 1000).

I'll echo the sentiment that Hyatt's inconsistency with IT issues is frustrating.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I figure that the Diamond Amenity points are something that needs to be done manually by the property you are staying at.... you do have a choice there. The same for the correction when they don't post.
So this is not IT related but simply people not following procedures.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BobR
While not directly related I had 3 separate consecutive night stays this past week where my Diamond Amenity bonus points were forgotten. I emailed customer service each time and the errors were corrected quickly. However only the last correction received the 1500 retro point credit (the first two only got 1000).

I'll echo the sentiment that Hyatt's inconsistency with IT issues is frustrating.
This is typically the individual hotel's fault. Going to GP support is not always the best option, but I find that emailing the hotel politely always resolves the issue (and if you stay regularly at the same hotel then you can escalate it within the hotel and alert GP if it really gets out of hand from there)
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by BobR

I wasn't going to bother contacting GP or the hotels because I just didn't think it was worthwhile for 500 points.

GP Concierge just contacted me about my post and offered to make it right. I am most appreciative of their efforts!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've had a lot of issues with bonus points not posting, both the diamond welcome points as well as a hotel-specific 1K/stay offer last year at a HH which I frequent.

I've always just PM'ed the GP Concierge team here, and they have always resolved it amazingly quickly, usually a few hours or less. ^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Incorrect posting would impact your base points for Lifetime Diamond count.
That's why it's important to keep a close tab on the posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.