Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

For US Hyatt Customers - AMEX Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG

Do not forget to check your AMEX offers. Hyatt Place for $150 spend with $50 Off.

Hope you get it too.
-Sandra
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sandratravels
Do not forget to check your AMEX offers. Hyatt Place for $150 spend with $50 Off.

Hope you get it too.
-Sandra
Thanks for the notice -- the wife had it on her Platinum card.

Just be sure to read the terms and conditions -- it excludes purchases of physical or e-gift cards. All other room charges, including room rate are eligible, however.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:33 am

is his a one time offer? how were you notified? either way it's an attractive offer... hope we get it since we have upcoming Hyatt place stays.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Did not get the offer on my Starwood Amex.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:35 am

out of my 2 personal and 1 business card, only 1 received this offer. At least its better than the At and T offer, which I was completely shut out of
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
is his a one time offer? how were you notified? either way it's an attractive offer... hope we get it since we have upcoming Hyatt place stays.
Check the your offers tab for each AMEX product you have. It is selective -- both of mine did not have it, only my wife's Plat card.

Sometimes, you can add the offer via Facebook and/or Twitter AMEX pages, but it appears that not this one.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
I have been monitoring my Amex offers for all my cards, in the event AMEX may post other offers. This is how I learned about it & wanted to share the news, as I did not see it posted anywhere.

Mine was posted to my Everyday Preferred Amex.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Got it for my reg Platinum AMEX, but the terms require it to be booked on place.hyatt.com. Is that going to be enforced?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Got it for my AMEX MR Gold. It was buried pretty deep in the offers.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Got it for my reg Platinum AMEX, but the terms require it to be booked on place.hyatt.com. Is that going to be enforced?
doubtful. they just look at the posting of the transaction when it hits.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Hyatt - Diamond
Got it on my Blue Amex, but not surprisingly it was not on my Hilton or SPG Amex.

Thanks for the heads up
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

Just be sure to read the terms and conditions -- it excludes purchases of physical or e-gift cards. All other room charges, including room rate are eligible, however.
FYI

Details
Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $150+ on all room charges, including room rate, at Hyatt Place hotels between 11/28/14 & 2/28/15. Check out must occur on or before 2/28/15 to be eligible for the credit. View Locations Nearby
Terms
Reservations must be made online at place.hyatt.com. Valid on all charges to the room, including room rate. Check out must occur on or before 2/28/15 to be eligible for the credit. Offer only valid at Hyatt Place locations. Offer not valid at Andaz, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt House, Hyatt Hotels, Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Residence Club. Excludes physical and e-gift card purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/28/15, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BKCN:0001
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:27 am

I got the offer on all of my Amex cards except Serve. Since I have an upcoming Hyatt stay, I went to my local Hyatt Place on Friday and bought a $150 gift card, which triggered the confirmation email. The charge is still pending, but I expect the charge and credit to post on Monday.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by swazzie
I got the offer on all of my Amex cards except Serve. Since I have an upcoming Hyatt stay, I went to my local Hyatt Place on Friday and bought a $150 gift card, which triggered the confirmation email. The charge is still pending, but I expect the charge and credit to post on Monday.
The T & C exclude gift cards?????
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The T & C exclude gift cards?????
The T&Cs also say you must book thru Hyatt's web site (the other hotel Amex offers also state you must book online thru their web sites, though they don't specifically exclude gift cards). I took a chance given that some folks have triggered the Courtyard Amex offer credit by buying Marriott gift cards at Courtyard locations. We'll see what happens.

I'll use the gift card for my first Hyatt stay regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.