Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

For US Hyatt Customers - AMEX Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For US Hyatt Customers - AMEX Offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Conspiracy theory here, after reading here that everyone was buying gc to fulfill this offer gpc escalated it to some dept and that dept had amex pull it
Wayfair had a similar promo with Amex and they pulled that one earlier than expected because too many people were abusing it, so it's quite possible that the same thing has happened here.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I'm sure I would be thinking exactly what you are thinking if whatever I did / whatever they did to me had happened to me. Or when it happens to me .... The sympathy is real and only self-interest makes me not want it to turn into empathy.

But with that out of the way .... In this instance, why would Amex + Hyatt resort to this kind of behavior? Would it take any more programming for Amex to enforce the T&C, which proscribe gift card purchases for rebates? In which case Hyatt and Amex would get their spend, and we would simply be displacing cash across time (assuming that we had plans to stay at some Hyatt this lifetime -- the gift cards will work outside of HP's.)

Btw, this offer (like Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton Doubletree, and Marriott) has (have) only appeared on Platinum cards for us ...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Has anyone been able to confirm that two separate stays <$150 each, but combined >$150, received the discount?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The Hyatt Place offer is still listed under "My Offers" on all 4 of my accounts that got the offer. (All Blue Cash Everyday cards.)
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
For those of you who purchased Hyatt Place gift card with the Amex Offer, how long did it take for your Hyatt points to post after your transaction?

Thank you in advance for your information.
-Sandra
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by sandratravels
Good evening,
For those of you who purchased Hyatt Place gift card with the Amex Offer, how long did it take for your Hyatt points to post after your transaction?

Thank you in advance for your information.
-Sandra
Probably 2 business days
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
These came in really handy in Hawaii where we billed all our excursions to the room. ^
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:21 pm

I am also wondering if anyone can confirm that 2 stays totaling over 150 together qualifies?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:15 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by antonius66
I am also wondering if anyone can confirm that 2 stays totaling over 150 together qualifies?
I can confirm that two separate charges totaling $150 or more will trigger the credit.

I had a recent one-night airport HP stay where the total invoice was less than $100. I then tried to purchase a $75 gift card from the hotel, which they tried to add to my folio but instead accidentally charged my card instead... and I immediately got an e-mail from Amex notifying me that I had redeemed my credit. (It posted a few BD later.)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for all the tips. Planned a last minute trip and found a good rate for a Hyatt Regency through work that I didn't want to pass up. Then when I found out about this trick to get $50 back, I was all in. Only sad that I have only 1 Amex with no AUs. (Gotta change that).

Had to find a Hyatt Place on my way out. First one in town (in person) didn't sell them yet (or so they said). Second I called after reading this thread. Said they didn't sell them. I asked her to check with manager. Put me on hold but I hung up. It was too much out of our way. Called third place down the highway and they said yes.

Got there and it took like 20 mins. Only manager could do it and it took her a while to find the gift card and instructions. Never found instructions so she called someone who walked her through it. In the end, my card was loaded (verified online) and I received confirmation email! This is great since that $50 will cover the major high resort fee.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:12 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I have this offer on my Amex account expiring 2/28. Does anyone have experience booking a prepaid rate and getting the credit right away vs. only after the stay is complete? I'd like to book a prepaid rate now for a stay after 2/28. (I don't stay at Hyatts very often so I am assuming that a prepaid rate is charged in full now, as I have seen Starwood and Hilton do.)

If not the gift card approach is also an option but I do have a stay coming up so this seems easier if possible.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I assume prepaid ought to be fine as these tend to be charged right away. I seem to recall from the offer terms that gift cards are specifically excluded, so that may be more YMMV.

Originally Posted by bgriff
I have this offer on my Amex account expiring 2/28. Does anyone have experience booking a prepaid rate and getting the credit right away vs. only after the stay is complete? I'd like to book a prepaid rate now for a stay after 2/28. (I don't stay at Hyatts very often so I am assuming that a prepaid rate is charged in full now, as I have seen Starwood and Hilton do.)

If not the gift card approach is also an option but I do have a stay coming up so this seems easier if possible.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:34 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by sensei
I assume prepaid ought to be fine as these tend to be charged right away. I seem to recall from the offer terms that gift cards are specifically excluded, so that may be more YMMV.
Thanks. The T&Cs say something about you have to check out by 2/28 so I wasn't sure -- but they may say that just in the sense that the charge has to be posted to your account by the expiration date.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff

Just to be safe, I'd go the gift card route. Many stores of this working, including mine above from last month. So why chance it? Oh and make sure that you buy the gift card at an actual hotel. NOT ONLINE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.