Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

At Scottsdale, Hyatt House vs Hyatt Place

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold

Hello everyone,

Any recommendations between the HH and HP in Old Town/Downtown Scottsdale?

There is just the 2 of us, for 1 night. We are not considering the Regency as we want to walk around Old Town.

We like modern amenities and detest bath tub shower combos & shower curtains.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's basically a HP vs. HH question.

I've stayed at the Scottsdale HH a few times, and find it to be fine. Note that the doors are all external access, and no elevators. (That's probably the distinguishing feature about this HH.)

Never stayed at the HP, but presume it's an..... HP. If I was travelling with someone other than my wife, I'd definitely take the HH to have a little more privacy in the form of separate sleeping areas.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:11 pm

There about a block away from each other. I would go with the HH unless you will have a bunch of bags. As has already been stated there is no elevator and you could get a room upstairs. A lot of the rooms you can park close to your room. They have a Heated spa where the HP does not. I think they have bathtubs if my memory serves me correct, this could be a deal breaker for you.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I'd like to know what you think of Old Town and how much you enjoyed it when you get back. I've toyed with the idea of throwing one or both of those hotels in between the airport on arrival and the resort as the main destination. Diamond has been a helpful thing to us, but it is a form of golden handcuffs. Building up a stay reserve to have the leeway to check out non-Hyatt hotels sounds good too.

Last edited by jayer; Oct 4, 2014 at 11:32 am
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I like the Hyatt Place quite a bit more than the HH. I've only stayed there for the occasional mattress run, but found the HP more enjoyable.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback everyone. The extra space at the HH isn't crucial as we won't be spending much time in the room anyways. After looking at the pics, I think my partner will better enjoy the design of HP.

Jayer, I'll be there towards the end of the month, will let you know my thoughts!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:09 pm

DH stayed at both...
we stayed a HH in September before checking into (gasp) Royal Palms... Checked out resort since DH will be having a conference at Royal Palms in January and will probably encourage him to hop around to start chipping away at stays for requal.
For our short stay found room to be comfortable as well as breakfast being a step up from HP. Note that this HH doesn't offer comp evening weekday snacks as some.
All in all a nice property and within close distance to Old Town and the mall.
C
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

Just to wrap up, I just had my 1 night stay at the Hyatt Place. The location was great. I reached out to the hotel before arriving and shared my concerns about the noise from nearby clubs. They were really understanding and accommodating about it, and made sure I had a quiet room. The hotel is older and the hardware shows its age, but overall very clean, comfortable, and the staff is top notch- efficient, professional and upbeat. Did not try the breakfast or any of the other amenities. Would stay again if I wanted to be in walking distance of Old Town!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.