Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can hotel concierge help with romantic room setup?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

Never used hotel concierge before, so pardon me for this question. My partner and I are celebrating our anniversary and his bday while staying at Hyatt Regency HK TST. I would like to arrange a romantic room for us upon arrival. Nothing too fancy, but things like rose pedals and a heart of some sort on the bed, a bottle of champagne, and a birthday cake with a custom msg. Would it be reasonable to contact the concierge to arrange this? Should I expect any service charge? How about gratuity?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:54 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Morning,

I would be happy to forward your information on to the hotel so that they can assist you with setting something up. Please PM us your stay details.

Becky S
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by italdesign
Would it be reasonable to contact the concierge to arrange this? Should I expect any service charge? How about gratuity?
Yes
Yes
Yes

Sounds like a wonderful time!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Out of curiosity, what would one tip for these services? Would approximately $30 be sufficient? I have only ever asked for help with reservations, etc., and tip about $10, depending on the effort required.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would think so, assuming that you're happy with the outcome and they don't add some extraordinary nice surprise. It's a full service hotel in an expensive city but not a luxury property like most Park Hyatts would be. However, Hong Kong is tricky about tipping as it's a place where not only is there not a strong custom of tipping but also hotels tend to add an automatic 10% service charge to the entire bill.

I assume that the champagne will come from the hotel's regular room service wine list. If you request a special bottle that they don't normally stock, that would involve additional effort.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:53 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewp123
Out of curiosity, what would one tip for these services? Would approximately $30 be sufficient? I have only ever asked for help with reservations, etc., and tip about $10, depending on the effort required.
$30 seems way to much, we are not talking about NA!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I don't really see a guy going for rose petals arranged in a heart. Maybe if he did that for you it would make sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.