Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Durham/Southpoint REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:48 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyertalkers,

Hyatt Place Durham/Southpoint, the first Hyatt-branded hotel in the Raleigh area, is located adjacent to The Streets at Southpoint, the region’s premier shopping destination. Minutes away are Research Triangle Park, Raleigh-Durham International Airport, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Duke University, along with UNC Hospital and Duke University Hospital. The 164-room hotel offers free wifi everywhere, free a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, 24/7 Gallery Menu, 24-hour gym, and Coffee to Cocktails bar.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm a little confused by this, because there are three existing Hyatt properties in the Raleigh area, between the airport and points east.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will they have an airport shuttle?

(Indoor) swimming pool?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Always nice to see another hotel in my area ^

Easy drive to the airport from here same with the RTP though if you're working at Duke or in downtown Durham this is a bit of a drive.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped by today with a delivery. It's in a parking lot across NC-751 from the Southpoint Mall entrance sharing the lot with an Aldi Grocery Store, Bonefish Grill and another bar and grill place.

The lobby was very impressive, huge and airy and very well lit. There were a couple computers in the corner for guest use, and in the center of the lobby a large check-in area and snack bar. I could also see the breakfast area. My one complaint was that they have a Muzak type soundtrack playing in the lobby at a volume higher than I'd prefer.

Seems like a nice hotel though, nicer than the HP at RDU.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Agree with the above. I'm here now, and the bar-and-grill place is Town Hall beer and burgers...was excellent.

The decor in the newer purpose-built HPs is IMHO far superior to the original version.

Might still prefer the Hyatt House in Morrisville, overall, but would stay here without hesitation.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Agree with the above posters and would add that it is definitely one of the nicest Hyatt Places I have ever seen (and we stayed at half a dozen of them earlier this month). Great pool with a lap lane. Convenient to UNC. Very friendly staff. And one of the few HPs to provide a welcome amenity (besides waters we got a goodie bag with some junk food and a six pack of Coke in the fridge)--not exactly fine chocolates or champagne but very much appreciated by my 17 year old son nevertheless. And for those redeeming points, it's only 5000 a night (category 1).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:11 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
And one of the few HPs to provide a welcome amenity (besides waters we got a goodie bag with some junk food and a six pack of Coke in the fridge)--
When Hyatt Corporate discovers that this property deviates from the brand standard (by offering an unsanctioned amenity), their Goodie Bag program will immediately cease.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I am currently at the Hyatt House Raleigh Airport and their 'high speed internet' is artificially limited to 1.5Mbps. I am considering moving to this property. Does anybody know how fast the WiFi is?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
First stay ... really liked this place a lot. The lobby/restaurant area(s) are open and sunny. That plus what looked to be good staffing, training, and management made the free b'fast rodeo much more pleasant than at most HPs. The back of the property looks out on (of course) a parking lot, but just past that is a really fine woods. Speaking of which: Go out the front, maybe a third of a mile, and hit the American Tobacco Trail, which is perhaps the best running route I have experienced in all my hotel travels.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
While i haven't stayed here, my friends tell me there is a great hamburger place in the immediate vicinity.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I've had 10-13 day stays in both 2015 and 2016 on Cat 1 points or P&C depending on what promos were going on. It's a great HP, much better than the airport location. Very friendly staff, a larger lobby than usual, and a very good location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.