Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Award Alerts & all hotels on a single map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

No award nights available at that Hyatt you’re looking to book in to? Tired of checking every day (or multiple times daily) to see if anything has changed? Now there’s a tool which can help you with that. Introducing the Hyatt Award Alerts from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools. The concept is pretty simple and similar to the various other award alerts I’ve built, though there are a few differences worth noting.

Like the other alerts you simply choose where and when you’re hoping to see an award become available. Unlike the others, however, this search requires choosing a specific hotel rather than anything near an airport. So, fill in your details, create the alert and let it go.

Also of note is that the hotel name search is based on the name Hyatt has given the property, not its address. Typing in Las Vegas will only show you the Hyatt Place there; if you want any of the partner properties (e.g. Aria, Vdara, etc.) you need to type in that name, not just Vegas. On the plus side, there is an option to select the hotel from a map rather than typing in the name:

And, yes, that's nearly 600 Hyatt Hotels all on a single map.

Just click on a hotel and it should populate the search box at the top of the page.

Regular members on the site can have up to 5 active alerts at any given time; First Class members can have up to 50.

And, should the alert trigger you’ll receive an email with the details.

Hyatt offers multiple different award types at some properties at different price points so the alert will include the details of both the room description and the points required to reserve a night there. The alert details are also visible on the site in the Search History page.

There are 598 hotels currently supported by the tool, which I believe covers every Gold Passport property in the Hyatt system. If there’s one you see missing please let me know and I’ll get it added. I also think I built it so it can self-update as new properties are added, though I suppose we’ll need to wait for that to happen before I can tell if it is working.

Like most of the tools I’m sure there are some bugs in this one. I’ve tested it a bit and even had a few others help but there is no doubt a few slipped through. Drop me a line if you see something amiss.

Enjoy!

FT rules require that I disclose any links to sites I own or operate. This is a pretty clear example of such, but consider yourselves disclosed at.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:56 pm

Thank you Seth.

-David
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Thanks - this looks cool.
Someone had a tool that would search a hyatt for 1 night, 2 night, 3 night, etc combos to find the lowest rates to string together. Does anyone have the link for that tool?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by texdoc
Thanks - this looks cool.
Someone had a tool that would search a hyatt for 1 night, 2 night, 3 night, etc combos to find the lowest rates to string together. Does anyone have the link for that tool?
This one?

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/all-hya...-range-search/
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

New update added today: First Class users can now alert based on room type rather than just property. Also fixed a few bugs related to date selection.

http://wandr.me/Hotel-Tools/Hyatt-Aw...h/Create-Alert

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:31 pm

Not sure if it's an issue, but I'm unable to delete any older searches...

Is making them inactive the same thing?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:43 pm

Also, I have nine alerts (four of which are active)(see first image), but when I try to add another (or modify and reactivate an older one), your site seems to error out and send me to the main page (see second image).

Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you can deactivate them to get them out of the way. I thought I had a delete button but I see that's not the case; I'll do that later at some point.

As for the error in adding, my guess is that the text you included in the room type was too long. I've adjusted the code to account for that a bit better. If there's something else at play send me a PM or email and I can try to track it down.

ETA: Delete is working now.

Last edited by sbm12; Jul 30, 2014 at 6:03 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, you can deactivate them to get them out of the way. I thought I had a delete button but I see that's not the case; I'll do that later at some point.

As for the error in adding, my guess is that the text you included in the room type was too long. I've adjusted the code to account for that a bit better. If there's something else at play send me a PM or email and I can try to track it down.

ETA: Delete is working now.
Ding ding ding.

That fixed it. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.