Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Different availability for C+P versus C+P DSU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:49 am
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with Hyatt and tried booking a room at a hotel that had cash and points availability, and also had entry-level suite availability, in order to use a Diamond Suite Upgrade.

The agent told me that even though I could book the room on cash and points, and even though there was also entry-level suite availability, I couldn't book the room on cash and point and then use the DSU.

She explained that there were different capacity controls for C+P versus C+P for DSUs. She tested a different date, and she could book the room/suite on C+P using a DSU for that alternate date.

Does this sound right? I've read the terms and conditions, and don't see where this is justified. FWIW, this is for the Andaz Maui.

Last edited by rebooted; Jun 28, 2014 at 1:54 am
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:01 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

EDIT: Please see the below post, as the contents of this post are no longer accurate.

Good Morning rebooted,

This is a great question and I'm terribly sorry we were unable to make your reservations as planned. At this time, there's no official standard in how Diamond Suite Upgrades behave when trying to apply to Points + Cash reservations. Some properties allow all of their available, eligible suites towards these, however others do not. It's currently at the hotel's discretion and falls under the general clause of "subject to availability".

In the grand scheme of things, Points + Cash is very new to us, so it's entirely possible a standard will be applied, however the only thing I can state with certainty is there is no such standard at this time. I obviously see your line of thought since Points + Cash is an eligible rate and I'm relaying this to Gold Passport Management as one of the details we need to clarify.

Warm regards,

Evan V
Originally Posted by rebooted
I just got off the phone with Hyatt and tried booking a room at a hotel that had cash and points availability, and also had entry-level suite availability, in order to use a Diamond Suite Upgrade.

The agent told me that even though I could book the room on cash and points, and even though there was also entry-level suite availability, I couldn't book the room on cash and point and then use the DSU.

She explained that there were different capacity controls for C+P versus C+P for DSUs. She tested a different date, and she could book the room/suite on C+P using a DSU for that alternate date.

Does this sound right? I've read the terms and conditions, and don't see where this is justified. FWIW, this is for the Andaz Maui.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Jun 30, 2014 at 5:55 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the explanation!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I have had the same issue at the same property. The agent said C+P was available, and I could use the Suite Upgrade only if I booked the C&P for <something else which currently escapes me>. Perhaps I'll call again to see if I can remember what hoops she said I would have to jump through. I currently have C&P booked.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:44 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by rebooted
Thank you very much for the explanation!
Good Evening Again rebooted,

I have received an update from Gold Passport management that my previous post is inaccurate and Cash & Points is to be provided the same privileges as any other eligible rate as it pertains to Diamond Suite Upgrades. I'm terribly sorry for any confusion caused in the conflicting answers. That said, this is hopefully good news for most of you!

In the event that both the suite type designated for DSU awards is available and a cash & points rate is available for a given set of dates, they are supposed to be able to be used together. If this discrepancy comes up while on a call with one of our agents, please be patient, as we are only able to book what the system shows availability for and it could take longer than usual to get the inventory discrepancy fixed. Of course, we're happy to help on FlyerTalk fas well. Could those affected please DM me your reservation details so we may try to fix the issue?

Warm regards,

Evan V
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Could those affected please DM me your reservation details so we may try to fix the issue?
Just wanted to let you know I called back yesterday and was able to get a DSU applied to my existing C&P reservation. Thanks! This is truly a special and appreciated benefit!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:20 am
Original Poster

I wish that Hyatt could do better training about this issue. A year and a half later after starting this thread, I still encounter reps that don't understand the official policy recited above, which is that Hyatt does NOT allow hotels to treat C+P rates differently from fully paid rates for purposes of applying DSUs. An eligible rate is an eligible rate is an eligible rate. If a DSU can be applied to a paid rate, it needs to be made available to the C+P rate, even if it requires some extra elbow grease on the rep's end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.