Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall (Opens 10Dec14-delayed?) 50% promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mrredskin
Zilara and Ziva open on December 10, 2014 (unless delayed again).

Updates here on delayed opening: https://www.facebook.com/HyattZilaraRoseHall

Restaurants and Activities are listed on page 2 of this thread.

Two different reps from Hyatt have informed me that ALL restaurants will be operational. "Full open".
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Haven't seen this posted here yet. I was perusing some dates for the new Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall and they have a 50% off promotion right now, seems to be valid for any date after opening.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Haven't seen this posted here yet. I was perusing some dates for the new Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall and they have a 50% off promotion right now, seems to be valid for any date after opening.
Their rack rates almost require a 50% off Same for the Ziva too 50% off.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:17 pm

I used that rate for my honeymoon reservation in January. I wasn't able to do a DSU because the property isn't open yet Same thing with a BRG that I found on another site.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:12 am

Opening delayed to at least Nov 23. It seems to be a moving date. Would not reserve until the place actually opens.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Opening delayed to at least Nov 23. It seems to be a moving date. Would not reserve until the place actually opens.
Ick. I ended up cancelling my reservation and moved the honeymoon to the DR.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:25 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Ugh, just found out about this yesterday. Kind of crappy that this was known well before, but Hyatt just contacted me about it yesterday.

Was offered to switch dates (up to $350 pp change fee for air tickets covered), switch hotels (to any other Zilara or Ziva, with the change fees above also covered), or switch hotels to one of a few different Sandals in Jamaica (Montego Bay, Royal Caribbean, WhiteHouse, etc.). Took the Sandals option. Even though I would rather avoid Sandals, the process of changing my flight would have been messy and annoying (especially since the flights were booked on points). So I guess Sandals it is..... At least the Sandals properties are all more expensive than what I was paying with Hyatt.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
still shows nov 23 and must reserve by oct 31 for 50% off. starting at $288. no way in hell i'd pay $500 plus in montego bay.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrredskin
still shows nov 23 and must reserve by oct 31 for 50% off. starting at $288. no way in hell i'd pay $500 plus in montego bay.
I reserved for six nights for next April. I used a combination of 2 paid nights, 2 free award nights from the Hyatt card, and 2 nights on points. I'm also applying a DSU to the 2 paid nights and hope they let me keep the suite for the entire stay rather than having to move rooms......

For 3 adults, the paid rate was $714/night. I can't imagine paying that rate for six nights but I can make it work for 2 in combination with the 2 free nights and 2 nights on points (37500 pts/night seems high also)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Some details are coming out about this property. I think it could be a real gem. Ground transportation and airport lounge access is included for all guests including expedited customs clearance. In addition, free golf green fees are included for paid stays over 3 nights. For anyone that's played White Witch, that's easily worth $150-$200 a round.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

i just switched our Dec four night trip to here from Cancun Zilara. just over 5k each way to/fro ATL on SW. combined with companion pass.... yessir! Unfortunately they wouldn't let me do the first night at the 50% off rate when using points for the final 3 nights.

it seems like a good use of 25k points, tho. Wondering what their diamond recognition will be like. I might send a message on their fb page to inquire!

Where are you finding these details, hyattnjfan? The ground transportation is very nice - as well as loung access and customs clearance. esp the customs clearance! I wonder if I could talk them into waiving greens fees for me once.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Originally Posted by mrredskin
i just switched our Dec four night trip to here from Cancun Zilara. just over 5k each way to/fro ATL on SW. combined with companion pass.... yessir! Unfortunately they wouldn't let me do the first night at the 50% off rate when using points for the final 3 nights.

it seems like a good use of 25k points, tho. Wondering what their diamond recognition will be like. I might send a message on their fb page to inquire!

Where are you finding these details, hyattnjfan? The ground transportation is very nice - as well as loung access and customs clearance. esp the customs clearance! I wonder if I could talk them into waiving greens fees for me once.
Here is today's press release: http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...r-23-2014.html

I believe they have contracted with Mobay Lounge, so expect similar the similar arrival and departure service.

In your situation, I would contact GP and see why you specifically don't qualify for the 50% off rate. The terms require at least a 3 night stay but makes no mention of it having to be a paid stay. Hyatt usually spells that out if that is the case.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
Here is today's press release: http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...r-23-2014.html

I believe they have contracted with Mobay Lounge, so expect similar the similar arrival and departure service.

In your situation, I would contact GP and see why you specifically don't qualify for the 50% off rate. The terms require at least a 3 night stay but makes no mention of it having to be a paid stay. Hyatt usually spells that out if that is the case.
Thanks for sending that link. I would hope that Hyatt will be making some of this information available when they open in November with more specific details. I'm excited to for my six night stay next April!!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:32 pm

thanks for the link!

Maybe I will contact them. Still not sure if it would be worth the cost just to try to stay in a suite for the extra 3 nights. certainly not guaranteed! hopefully they'll have most of the kinks worked out after week number 2 of being open
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Some details are coming out about this property. I think it could be a real gem. Ground transportation and airport lounge access is included for all guests including expedited customs clearance. In addition, free golf green fees are included for paid stays over 3 nights. For anyone that's played White Witch, that's easily worth $150-$200 a round.
O.o wonder if this will be good for the Ziva property too. Hotel(s) are pretty close to the airport.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
O.o wonder if this will be good for the Ziva property too. Hotel(s) are pretty close to the airport.
Do they not essentially share the same campus? Both show the same aerial views of the old Ritz property. The writeup for the customs and transportation amenities were referenced in the general section - not specifically to the Ziva or Zilara

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.