Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation website quirks

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Reservation website quirks

I'm searching for availability on the hyatt website and there is a specific room category I need to accomodate my family. This room shows up as available under "Advance Purchase" but doesn't show up under Hyatt Daily Rate or any of the various special package tabs.

Is this just something funny happening with the website/reservations system or is there a reason a room would be available for advance purchase, but not the daily rate?
Old May 13, 2014, 2:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Hyatt tech is less than ideal. I would think that in your case it could be a glitch - call for reservations.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:14 pm

I noticed when I tried to book Park Hyatt Tokyo in October if I tried to book Saturday through Thursday I only got their regular rate, but if I booked Sat-Sun and Mon-Thu separately, on the weekdays I got My Elite Rate, Advanced Rate, and Weekday Special (I forgot the name of it). It doesn't hurt to break up the reservations for pricing.
Old May 14, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by XCstud
I'm searching for availability on the hyatt website and there is a specific room category I need to accomodate my family. This room shows up as available under "Advance Purchase" but doesn't show up under Hyatt Daily Rate or any of the various special package tabs.

Is this just something funny happening with the website/reservations system or is there a reason a room would be available for advance purchase, but not the daily rate?
This happens a lot at Hyatt Regency Tokyo, where the suites are only made available for Advance Purchade rate...perhaps because the suites are limited and they want to make sure the peson booking the room will go through with paying for it? In any case, I believe that this is done deliberately.

I agree with op487062's suggestion to search various date ranges for the time of your stay (there's a tool on my website to help do that if you're interested)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.