Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Number of breakfast Diamond can cover at Park Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Number of breakfast Diamond can cover at Park Hyatt?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:04 pm

Should I have ethical qualms about registering as 4 guests fro an award stay, even though I am a single, and inviting 3 friends to breakfast at the Park Hyatt Tokyo?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Contractual qualms perhaps

Originally Posted by spendlesslivebetter
Should I have ethical qualms about registering as 4 guests fro an award stay, even though I am a single, and inviting 3 friends to breakfast at the Park Hyatt Tokyo?
Well, the T & C say up to 4 registered guests. You should likely recall that, often in Asia and Europe, guests in excess of 2 incur additional cost. So, if your rezzie is for 2, you could find yourself limited to 2 free breakfasts. If you want 4, you will need to make a rezzie for 4 to provide yourself some assurances. And even then, the PH Tokyo may well call shenanigans.

In counterpoint, the Hyatt Regency Boston has always told me diamonds get 4 free buffets. On a couple of occasions, I have entertained Boston colleagues who work nearby for Breakfast/discussions. It has always been appreciated when, as I tell them, I "make them breakfast".
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:05 pm

Is it better to list 3/4 people on the award reservation or showing up at the hotel and adding at the time of check in is better?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spendlesslivebetter
An award stay room at PHT has a maximum occupancy of two adults. So you will have issues on many fronts.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Is it better to list 3/4 people on the award reservation or showing up at the hotel and adding at the time of check in is better?
Better at booking time.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
An award stay room at PHT has a maximum occupancy of two adults. So you will have issues on many fronts.
Exactly so fooling around with that is eliminated from the get go.

I find it already very generous from the PHT that they allow room service as part of the Diamond Breakfast.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:25 pm

Could I ask a non-registered friend to breakfast in a place with a club lounge? Or try to take a lighter breakfast in the restaurant?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can always ask..... but don't be surprised to be charged since that is the rule.

Or you could try sneaking them in, not much of a problem in the (normally crappy) clubs that are keycard controlled, but maybe more of a problem in the decents clubs.

But most PH's don't have a club.....
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joetro
Could I ask a non-registered friend to breakfast in a place with a club lounge? Or try to take a lighter breakfast in the restaurant?
Just book two guests for the room. Some properties doesn't entail more cost for the extra. That way you eliminate taking an unregistered person in and incurring no fees.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:00 pm

This is a regular Hyatt. Not Park Hyatt. But thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joetro
This is a regular Hyatt. Not Park Hyatt. But thanks.
Next time, please find or make a more appropriate thread, rather than dig up an irrelevant thread that's been inactive for nearly two years.

At Park Hyatt Tokyo, it seems to be possible to order room service breakfast and restaurant breakfast on the same day, and not be charged for either. That would cover a lot of breakfasts...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
You can always ask..... but don't be surprised to be charged since that is the rule.

Or you could try sneaking them in, not much of a problem in the (normally crappy) clubs that are keycard controlled, but maybe more of a problem in the decents clubs.

But most PH's don't have a club.....
I have yet to see them check in the club when it's keycard entry and this is at Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt. This includes when I had 2 suites booked that were filled to the max with 6 people each. All 12 went into the lounge every day for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.