Wiki Posts
Search

Folio under the door

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,SPG PLat, hilton
Folio under the door

I would like to hear from the group on their response about the bill under the door.
I have asked several times to hold my bill and after each stay when I got up I found the bill under the door.

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why does it bother you?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:23 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I don't mind it. I have found increasingly being asked at check in if I want my folio emailed to me.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1* or 9*? The lower end the property, the less staffed it is and the less likely it is to be able to effectively cope with variances from ordinary procedures.

The solution is to stay at a property which will offer you the service of an emailed folio or hold at the front desk.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA, SW, AA
The last couple times I requested them to email me the folio, it was emailed to me even though they put it under the door on checkout day.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I'm happy to let them email the folio, but until Hyatt is willing to let their software programmer make them available on the web both reliably and for as long as my account is active, I'm always going to go with a paper copy. I usually check out at the front desk, but for those few times I don't then a door copy is helpful. However, I'm much rather get them on the web.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I usually get both an email and bill under the door and I like them equally. The internet bill for records and the bill under the door to catch hiccups. I cannot tell you how many times I'm charged for internet, and the last thing I want to do is check-out and call the accounting line.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, I like to have the bill under the door as it makes it easy to verify charges before the rush to leave. It also avoids problems when the front desk is unable to print my bill when I check out.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by JackE
I'm happy to let them email the folio, but until Hyatt is willing to let their software programmer make them available on the web both reliably and for as long as my account is active, I'm always going to go with a paper copy. I usually check out at the front desk, but for those few times I don't then a door copy is helpful. However, I'm much rather get them on the web.
This...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I much prefer the bill under the door.
It means just a pass at the desk on my way out to drop off the key. A key drop box is even better, tough doesn't seem to be many out there.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
The thing I don't like is when the folio is not all the way in the room. Sometimes it's part way into the hall and then anyone could pick it up and get my address and other personal info. That worries me.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
The thing I don't like is when the folio is not all the way in the room. Sometimes it's part way into the hall and then anyone could pick it up and get my address and other personal info. That worries me.
I definitely think that is a fair qualm. Most times, my bill is nowhere near all the way under. Plus, if you are a bit environ crazed like me, I actually want the final zero'd out bill (emailed preferably) at checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.