Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion and Benefit Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:04 am
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt
Original Poster

Dear Flyer Talkers,

We’ve kicked off the New Year in a huge way through the launch of both a rich promotion and generous new benefits.

Promotion Details: Endless Possibilities
Today through March 31, 2014, you can register to earn either free nights or bonus points for stays from January 15, 2014 through April 30, 2014. Upon registration, you can choose one of the following:

• Free Nights – Earn a free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel worldwide after every five eligible nights. You can enjoy four free nights after staying a maximum of 20 nights and can redeem free nights with no blackout dates through July 31, 2014.

• Bonus Points – Earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five eligible nights and thousands more for every additional five nights. After 20 nights, you can earn 50,000 bonus points. Points are redeemable anytime toward free nights, room upgrades, and dining and spa services.

To register for the promotion and see full promotion details, including Terms and Conditions, visit www.goldpassport.com/possibilities.

New Hyatt Gold Passport Benefits
You can now enjoy even more rewards with the introduction of new Hyatt Gold Passport benefits.

• Exclusive 20% discount: With the new My Elite Rate, exclusively for Platinum and Diamond members, you can enjoy 20% off the daily rate on any standard guestroom (subject to availability).

• Points + Cash: You can combine points with cash for a free night award at more than 500 Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world. Points + Cash stays and nights are eligible for tier status, and members will earn Hyatt Gold Passport points on the cash amount.

• Active membership extension: You can enjoy the benefits of Hyatt Gold Passport membership longer. Members now have 24 months rather than 12 months to remain active before their accounts are closed and points are forfeited.

We look forward to welcoming you many times in the New Year

Safe travels,

Jeff Zidell
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Thank you, the elite rate has come in handy at NYC properties already. Thank You!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Have made use of elite rate as well. Glad to see it is not 20% off a higher than normal rate. Thanks HGP

PS: Getting a friend who's SPG plat and Hilton Diamond to move some business to Hyatt. Any referral program?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I was having problems finding My Elite Rates. I had to unselect my default AAA special rate and then it shows up.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Mr. Zidell! Quick question on the promotion. I have a stay upcoming next week M-Th (January 13 - 16), will I get credit for all three nights or only for the last night (night of Jan 15)?

I'm also a big fan of the new HGP rate. It brings most properties in-line with our corporate rate which is beneficial if I ever leave the company!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:53 pm

I had the same use toon. Was told by another FT member that we would get 1 credit. But would be nice to have it confirmed by Mr Zidell.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Question Why pure point award rate ineligible?

Is that just a technical reason or other consideration? It doesn't seem to make sense from business perspective that Point and Cash rate is eligible but pure point award, with more availability is not.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Is there a Canadian credit card in the works?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jimmychang
Is that just a technical reason or other consideration? It doesn't seem to make sense from business perspective that Point and Cash rate is eligible but pure point award, with more availability is not.
Please, explain how a points booking is equivalent (from a "business perspective") to a points and cash booking.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:01 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's probably "market forces". Since the inception of frequent flyer / frequent guest programs, awards do not earn points. However, at least one major hotel chain does let you earn stay credit for award nights, so perhaps the market pressure will eventually cause others to follow suit.
Originally Posted by jimmychang
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Well done! The Elite Rates are great! ^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I haven't done the research, but it appears that now there's no benefit to being a Hilton HHonors Gold member since now the extra money you save with the Hyatt Elite Status pays for the full breakfast at Hyatt which one would get for free if they stayed at a Hilton?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
I haven't done the research, but it appears that now there's no benefit to being a Hilton HHonors Gold member since now the extra money you save with the Hyatt Elite Status pays for the full breakfast at Hyatt which one would get for free if they stayed at a Hilton?
Hyatt Diamonds get free breakfast (or lounge access) and Hyatt Platinums do not.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Thanks Mr. Zidell! Quick question on the promotion. I have a stay upcoming next week M-Th (January 13 - 16), will I get credit for all three nights or only for the last night (night of Jan 15)?
Not Jeff Zidell here, obviously, but while you are entitled to 1 night credit, Hyatt computers use checkout date, so it is possible that you'll get 3 nights credit but don't count on it and you won't be able to get it manually credited.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've checked all my upcoming bookings and few of them have the "My Elite" rate available. It appears to be optional with the hotel whether or not it is offered. However, I do tend to stay at higher level Hyatts and maybe those are the ones least likely to honor it.

The reservation agent did note that there is some indication the rate might show up close to arrival time if the hotel isn't busy, even if it doesn't appear well in advance. So it is worth it to recheck your bookings as time gets close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.