Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
4th Quarter 2014 10% Discount Info

Purchase Link:
www.hyattgiftcards.com
merchant.sgiftcard.com/chrome_mode/virtual/hyatt_us (beta)

Discount code:
GPGIFT14

What's the difference between the types that can be purchased?
Gift Cards and e-cards:
  • Can only be used at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean.
  • Retain unused value across multiple transactions
  • Free e-delivery or free USPS shipping (or paid Fedex)
Gift Checks:
  • Can be used at Hyatt hotels globally. International use is applied using hotel's currency conversion rate.
  • Can only be used for a single transaction
  • Fedex shipping only

Expiration Info
  • The discount for purchasing the cards expires at 11:59 pm CST on December 31, 2014 an undetermined time shortly after 12:00pm (noon) CST on Thursday, Jan. 1st, 2015.
  • Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates purchased from Hyatt at www.hyattgiftcards.com do not expire. Details in this post.

Shipping Cost
  • eGift Card, digital delivery is free
  • Plastic cards, USPS delivery is free. Fedex delivery available for a fee.
  • Gift checks, only Fedex delivery (for a fee).

Purchase Limits
  • $2000 per gift card
  • $10000 per purchaser, per day
  • No overall cap for purchases spread across multiple days

Available amounts:
Purchase amount must be between $10 and $2000 in increments of $5.

Purchase bonuses
  • 5% rebate for Amex OPEN? YES
  • 3x points using Chase Hyatt card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Southwest card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Sapphire Preferred? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Ink Bold for hotel spend? YES
  • Barclays Arrival bonus for travel spend? NO
    Costco Amex travel rebate NO
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:47 pm

When booking reservations on the website, I do not see an option to enter my hyatt gift card (not eGift card, regular) info, only a place for credit card. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, AA Platinum, National/Enterprise Executive
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
When booking reservations on the website, I do not see an option to enter my hyatt gift card (not eGift card, regular) info, only a place for credit card. Any suggestions?
You reserve and check in with a cc. When you check out, you tell the FDC to use your gift cards for final payment instead of the cc on file.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Helpful Hint for Gift Card users: Pay $1 on your credit card (the one you presented at checkin) and the rest on your gift card. Here's why:

When you check in, they pre-authorize your credit card for the full amount. That pre-authorization goes away in exactly 8 days. If you pay with a gift card, you've paid for the stay but you're also out that same amount (as a credit hold) for 8 days.

The simple solution is to pay $1 of the hotel bill with your credit card, and the remainder with your gift card. That way, the transaction settles on the 1st or 2nd day after your stay, rather than on the 8th day.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:21 pm

Sounds good, thank you.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport
FT'ers,

I wanted to drop a note to say THANK YOU! It has been wonderful working with you all over the past 4 years either on the Hyatt Gold Passport team, or most recently with Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates. I'm moving on from Hyatt (still in the "industry") at the end of this week. While the Hyatt team will still be monitoring threads specific to Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates, I encourage you to e-mail [email protected] for any questions or guest service related needs for Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates.

Safe Travels,
Todd Tomlin
(Former) Director - Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates
Geez, sorry I’m so late to this thread. Todd, if by some chance you’re still following the thread, THANK YOU very much. You tremendously assisted me personally after the Star MegaDO in 2012 and again a year later when I returned from my Navy Reserve mobilization to Afghanistan. Thank you, your graciousness and your generosity were and still are greatly appreciated. You’re a credit to your industry. Best wishes, and as we say in the Navy, Fair Winds and Following Seas, always.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:59 pm

Anything discount planned for holiday season 2015?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...24-15-a-2.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Giftcardgranny.com lists a few Websites that sell secondhand Hyatt GCs for ~
18% off.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Giftcardgranny.com lists a few Websites that sell secondhand Hyatt GCs for ~
18% off.
I'm thinking about trying this kind of thing as I'm in the market for about $700 of Hyatt stays soon but am a bit suspicious of how legit these are - is there a way to check the validity of the codes?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
VonRichthofen, Cardcash.com has a new e-code, valid until midnight ending 2015 in the US Eastern Time Zone: ECODE5OFF . Too bad they have presently run out of Hyatt GCs ! If they get restocked, they will e-mail you the GC codes immediately & you can check them out by phoning Hyatt. They also offer a 45-day guarantee of the validity & value of everything they sell. But the present market offers a discount of ~11% or ~16% with the above code.

Last edited by Brendan; Dec 30, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by VonRichthofen
I'm thinking about trying this kind of thing as I'm in the market for about $700 of Hyatt stays soon but am a bit suspicious of how legit these are - is there a way to check the validity of the codes?
I have had no problems with Raise.com. When they send you the e-gift cards, you can immediately click call the Hyatt gift card number (since the cards actually come from Hyatt, not from re-sale) to double-check that they have the value as claimed. (They do. But in the event something was wrong, the purchase would not yet have even posted to your credit card.) The one time that a Raise.com card that had been full turned up empty later (!!), it really was a Hyatt, not a Raise.com issue; but Raise.com took responsibility and sent me a new e-gift card. Which I just used yesterday, by the way, so that was all good ...

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Jan 2, 2016 at 9:03 am Reason: Forgot that I was talking about Raise.com, not Newegg
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
VonRichthofen, Cardcash.com has a new e-code, valid until midnight ending 2015 in the US Eastern Time Zone: ECODE5OFF . Too bad they have presently run out of Hyatt GCs ! If they get restocked, they will e-mail you the GC codes immediately & you can check them out by phoning Hyatt. They also offer a 45-day guarantee of the validity & value of everything they sell. But the present market offers a discount of ~11% or ~16% with the above code.
thanks for the pointer but I tried with Cardcash and they appear to only sell to US addresses, even for e-vouchers (my paypal payment is 'pending').
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1M miler, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist.
Purchased 3 separate e-certs directly from Hyatt right after Thanksgiving. Each was compromised with half or more of the face value used. Fortunately the Front Desk attendant and assistant manager at the HR Waikiki were helpful and understanding of my situation. While the gift card team is off on the weekend it appears as if the situation will be rectified.

I definitely do not recommend using GCs purchased from 3rd parties when those purchased straight from Hyatt are so prone to fraud.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kokimoto
Purchased 3 separate e-certs directly from Hyatt right after Thanksgiving. Each was compromised with half or more of the face value used. Fortunately the Front Desk attendant and assistant manager at the HR Waikiki were helpful and understanding of my situation. While the gift card team is off on the weekend it appears as if the situation will be rectified.

I definitely do not recommend using GCs purchased from 3rd parties when those purchased straight from Hyatt are so prone to fraud.
I've never had a problem with GCs purchased from Costco (though it's been some years since those were available).
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
Anyone seen any discounted Hyatt certificates yet? I think they came out last year before Thanksgiving?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.