Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Advice: Chances of Using 2 free nights at PH Vendome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:45 am
Original Poster

My fiance and I will be in Paris for 4 days in July 2014. I was thinking of applying for the Hyatt Card in order to get the 2 free nights, and maybe have my fiance apply as well. My last AOR was in June, so the earliest I would want to apply for this card is next month.

However, I'm looking to apply for a mortgage in Feb. so I wanted to hold off on any more credit card apps. If I wait til after we close on a house in Feb/March, what are the chances that by the time I'm credited the 2 free nights, that we still find availability at PH Vendome?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
it's hard to say from year to year but it worked last year.
PH Vendome's availability for July and August can change daily.
So you've got to make it a habit to check often and book at least the first two nights if available and add the other two later.
Good luck
Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL PM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
PH Vendome (my experience)

I did this stay this past April, using 2 free nights from my cc and then I had the bf apply for the cc for an additional 2 nights. I had the 2fn awards show up in my acct 6 days after hitting the $1k spend. As soon as I saw the awards in my acct. in mid- January I called gold passport and asked them to check the standard room inventory for each night during the 8 days I planned to be in Paris. Luckily she said that there were 4 nights back to back within the span of time I was looking for. I immediately had her apply my 2fn's to the first 2 nights and crossed my fingers the other 2 would still be avail by the time my bf got his posted to his acct. thankfully it was a couple days after mine and when we called gold passport the next 2 nights were still available, so we locked them right in and got 4 free nights in a row. Like I mentioned we booked in mid January for a stay mid- April...so I would think that you'd be fine as long as you apply/ hit spend/get awards in acct by end of March, in which case you are about 3 months ahead of stay (It was approx 3 months ahead of stay when I booked my awards nights). However as always YMMV, especially since you are looking to go in July which is a bit busier that when I went (early April). Like the poster above says, it's best to keep in contact with gold passport in the months/weeks leading up, so they can search the system for award inventory as often as u need and give you an idea how its looking. Good luck!
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:05 am

I just booked 6 free nights (from my credit card signup bonus, husband's bonus, and my mother's) at PH Paris Vendome over New Year's (like the 29th to the 4th). I have to assume New Year's is an extremely busy time at PH Paris (and rooms were around 1000 USD/night) but we had no problem getting the nights.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I agree that in March you'd still have a good chance of getting the four free nights in July. But if your and your fiance's credit ratings are good, I don't think your each getting the Hyatt card now would hurt your loan qualification or rate six months from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.