Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo has a website now... (Pre-opening discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle

Coming Summer 2014

http://tokyo.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Some unofficial photos:

Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:12 pm

What is the tunnel for? Vehicles or ... ?

-David
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

In an engineering first for the city, an underground tunnel will place a portion of the Loop Road No. 2 arterial road beneath the more than four acre Toranomon site, thereby freeing up the tower’s immediate environs for people-friendly plazas, community pathways, and open vistas. The Shinbashi-Toranomon section of Loop Road No. 2 is scheduled to open to traffic in spring 2014; it is slated to connect with the Wangan-sen Bayshore Route and other traffic networks serving Haneda Airport and the seaport area in 2017.

http://investors.hyatt.com/phoenix.z...cle&id=1767243
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Who would want to stay there??

IMHO the location is... bad. And Andaz?

Sorry, not in Tokyo. Good luck!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by kuponuts
In an engineering first for the city, an underground tunnel will place a portion of the Loop Road No. 2 arterial road beneath the more than four acre Toranomon site, thereby freeing up the tower’s immediate environs for people-friendly plazas, community pathways, and open vistas. The Shinbashi-Toranomon section of Loop Road No. 2 is scheduled to open to traffic in spring 2014; it is slated to connect with the Wangan-sen Bayshore Route and other traffic networks serving Haneda Airport and the seaport area in 2017.

very cool. thanks!

-David
Old Aug 12, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Wonder if they will accept reservations in time to use a suite upgrade cert before they expire in February 2014...
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wonder if they will accept reservations in time to use a suite upgrade cert before they expire in February 2014...
+1 Can't wait for a suite as well.

Whatever the opening date for reservations will be, one would hope it will be handled better than what we're hearing about the Andaz Maui.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
A little birdie told me that the GM of Andaz Liverpool is in Japan now for the Andaz TYO.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Oh and BTW I'll be staying here 100000% if the rates are right as it's 12 minutes walking to Suntory Hall!! ^^^^^

AWESOME!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlisi984
A little birdie told me that the GM of Andaz Liverpool is in Japan now for the Andaz TYO.
I can confirm that this news is correct. This will be the third French Hyatt GM in Tokyo.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by kuponuts

This is the MacArthur Highway, which has been in the planning and construction phase since the late 1940s. It took them well over 30 years to buy out all the properties that needed to be demolished in order to build the highway. Apparently eminent domain is not big in Japan, unlike Alphaville.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Oh and BTW I'll be staying here 100000% if the rates are right as it's 12 minutes walking to Suntory Hall!! ^^^^^

AWESOME!
Yums! Def give the hotel a try next time I'm there and if it's open by then. ^
Old Sep 15, 2013, 11:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Nice new Hyatt property closer to Haneda, away from Shinjuku where the HR and PH are at. Seems the hotel (located in Toranomon Hills) is developed by same company that develops Roppongi Hills and the GH Tokyo?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:52 pm

I hope to be able to book a suite for the first week. We'll see. I'm very excited! The Andaz is now coming up in reservation searches, but it looks like it's not yet accepting reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.